Since it will spread when fired, the weapons that use this cartridge is most preferable for close battle. At long range, firing 12 gauge is nearly useless as none of the pellets will hit the target. The player should to aim properly when using such shotguns because if some pellets have missed a target, the enemy could survive the hit and can retaliate.
The 12 gauge does high damage if all pellets hits the target at close range, and usually will result in an instant kill if the target is unarmored. The M3 however, can instantly kill a target even with armor if all pellets hit the target.
- $65 per magazine of 8 rounds.
- The maximum amount of 12 Gauge rounds a player can carry is 32 (four spare magazines for the M3 and three magazines and a half for the XM1014) costing a total of $260.
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
This cartridge can be found in clips and ammo boxes:
- The box gives 12 rounds of 12 Gauge (1 full magazine and 1 half-full magazine).
- The large box gives 24 rounds of 12 Gauge (3 full magazine).
- The box of 12 gauge shells model used in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes is taken directly from the Half-Life shotgun ammo box model.
- According to the spread pattern and pellet number, the 12 Gauge shells in Counter-Strike franchise are buckshots.
- 12 Gauge at Wikipedia