Counter-terrorists: Infiltrate the plane and rescue the remaining hostages from the terrorists holding them.
Terrorists: Prevent the counter-terrorist team from rescuing the hostages.
Other notes: There are four hostages in the plane.
Tips and Tricks Edit
Main Article: 747/Tips and tricks
- It is the only official hostage rescue map to have more than four hostages. However, on the HUD, only four will be shown.
- Prior to CS 1.6, the HUD will correctly display five hostage.
- Sniping on this map is not very effective, unless the Terrorists have decidde to camp at the rescue zone outside or when combat occurs outside. Most Terrorists (especially bots) will prefer to camp inside the plane next to the hostages or at the rescue zone which is very close to CT spawn.
- At one of the upper floors of the plane where a hostage is located, there is a vent underneath a seat that allows players to crawl through the entire section of the plane to the rear.
- Bots may have navigation problems, CTs and occasionally Terrorists may jump from the top of the building as a shortcut, perishing themselves. Terrorists might stuck inside the plane as well.
- Although, there is a pipe at a corner that serves as a ladder and the CT bots may be able to use it.
- The 747 has no engines.
- The cockpit of the plane can be infiltrated by jumping off the top of the building and breaking the windows. Upon jumping however, the fall will cause damage to players.
- The only way to prevent getting hurt is to aim at the windows, jump, and crouch while at mid air.
- The curtains are not solid and can be shot through. In addition, bots can see through as if there is no curtain so they have a big advantage against human players even in easy mode (see Tips and Tricks for more info).
- Due to this, playing as a CT will not be easy; in order to rescue all the hostages, you will have to go deeper in the plane. Some areas in the plane are dark (such as the crawlspace of the plane) and you might get killed without knowing it, especially when you play with bots.
- Inside the plane, close combat is very intense so it is recommended to use shotguns. However, HE grenades are not recommended as it can harm the hostages, but Flashbangs and Smoke grenades can be used for cover.
- A dog can be heard barking in the cargo hold of the plane.
Evolution of cs_747 Edit