The Anarchists are a new terrorist faction featured in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
The Anarchists wear black hoodies with white/yellow stripes running down the sides of the sleeves, which cover most of their hands. They wear sunglasses and bandannas over their faces in various colors (including navy blue, red, and black). They wear either blue jeans or dark pants. Judging by their voices, they are American, similar to the Professionals. They make references to the FBI HRT as 'the men' in their lines and judging by several of their quotes, they are based on stereotypical punk teenagers.
It appears that they greatly detest the FBI as evidenced by their radio quotes and are fearless in engaging them.
The Anarchists are voiced by Scott Whyte.
The Anarchists were added in the August 10th 2012 update. Their hand model features their dark hoodie with two yellow stripes on each sleeve, wrapped around their hands with the fingers sticking out. They appear on only one map, Office, where they fight the FBI.
- It may be likely that the introduction of the Anarchists may serve as a homage to the Midwest Militia, another American Terrorist faction.
- The members of this faction are probably the youngest of all the other Terrorist groups, based on their outfit style and body size.
- Their appearance is likely a reference to the black bloc, a protest tactic often utilized by anarchists in reality.
- Unlike most of the Terrorist groups featured in Counter-Strike, this one seems more euthanistic and rebellious than serious, since their radio statements like "This is going to be gnarly" and "That was awesome guys" may suggest that they view crime as a sport rather then by having any goals to actually intend anything major like the other terrorist factions.
- It is suggested that the Anarchists have commited criminal offences in the past, such as arson, as evidenced by their radio statements. For example, when throwing a Molotov Cocktail, the user may say "Let's burn the whole place down!"