Swedish terrorist faction founded in 1977. Famous for their bombing of the Canadian embassy in 1990.
Strategy Guide Description
Origin: Swedish Terrorist faction founded in 1977. Notorious for their bombing of the Canadian Embassy in 1990.
Focus: Shortly after the Brotherhood was founded, the Arctic Avengers outgrew it and formed their own radical faction. Currently spread across Sweden, Switzerland, and Austria, the Arctic Avengers have claimed responsibility for 300 politically targeted assassinations and 2,000 civilian deaths. Their most notorious act was the destruction of an assisted-living complex in Vienna, Austria, in which 478 people were killed.
Strength: Although membership is only 400 at present, they have thousands of supporters and sympathizers. They receive funding through private benefactors and have clandestine recruiting meetings in various embassies across Europe. The Arctic Avengers are masters of destruction and are adept at hand-to-hand combat.
- The game file name for this player model is "arctic" while in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes, it is "arctic" and "urban".
- The first name given to this player model is "snow guy".
- In Deleted Scenes, the members of this faction speak Russian during battle and during the stealth part of Building Recon, they are seen conversing with each other in English.
- Alongside with the SAS, this model is frequently used by sniper players, this fact also applies to bot players, especially in the Tour of Duty.
- The design of the Arctic Avengers have changed frequently throughout the Counter-Strike series.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6, they were wearing ski masks, similar to the Phoenix Connexion.
- In Condition Zero, the masks were replaced with berets and sunglasses.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, the models look similar to 1.6 but this time, their masks do not have a hole for the mouth and their jacket has a different pattern.
- In Condition Zero, the Arctic Avengers can be spawned via in the console "impulse 76".
- In every mission they appear, all music seems to be in Russian.
- In Secret War, they seemed to be stealing the nuke being launched by the Phoenix Connexion.
- Concept art for this faction exists during Global Offensive development.
- ↑ Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 42. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3