Hey Counter Strike Wiki community!
I'm sure you're aware of FANDOM's editorial site, Fandom.com and our coverage of gaming and entertainment news. One of the features of the site is that we curate news from other sites with the intention of providing a full picture of what's happening in the world of gaming and entertainment.
To that end, we're creating a new volunteer group at FANDOM called "Volunteer Curators". What we're looking for are subject matter experts that have deep knowledge of news and features about their favorite game, movie or TV show. If you spend a bunch of time on Reddit or follow game news obsessively, we want to talk to you!
In particular, we're looking for people like you to help us round out our Esports coverage - every…Read more >
It has come to our attention that vandalism has been occurring on the pages related to the recently discovered unimplemented items found in the game files. We are aware that such inclusions that may be upcoming content, concern us all in different ways. As a reminder to both readers and contributors:
- All items such as the ExoSuit, the Breach Charge, the Adrenaline and the Health Shot contain speculation within their articles and should be read with caution.
- We have absolutely no idea how all of these items will or would have fit in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive context and gameplay wise. Valve does not share its plans with us as we are not affiliated with them in any way aside from us being fans of their games. As such, whether or not th…
It wasn't until now I found out about combinations of primary and secondary fire mouse buttons to throw grenades. Anyone else knew about this before?
Video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-cb2kwtCu8Read more >
Hello Counter-Strike Wiki Contributors!
If you’ve touched a controller/keyboard in the last 5 years, you’ve got an idea of what eSports is. People playing competitively for big bucks, occasionally in matching track suits. But there’s a lot more to it than that, don’t know the difference between ESL and FGC? Cloud9 and Day? Fret not! Wikia and their panel of pros are here to answer your questions.
Wikia is hosting a panel at this year’s PAX Prime, entitled What the Heck is eSports with the help of industry pros such as:
Matt Dahlgren (Capcom), Trevor Housten (Blizzard), Craig Levine (ESL), Alex Mendez aka GoldenboyFTW (Twitch), Jorge Albor (Wikia), and Andrew Zucosky aka LiQuiD112 (Shacknews).
They’ll be explaining the world of eSports and a…Read more >
- Added cut Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 knife icons.
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 M3 icons and models.
- Complete overhaul of the M3 Gallery, images are now classified by game, not model/icon.
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 M249 models and icons.
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 M4A1 icons and worldmodel.
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 icons for the Maverick M4A1 Carbine
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 icons and viewmodel for the M249
- Added Counter-Strike Beta 1.0 icons and viewmodel for the Flashbang
- Reverted a case of vandalism on the Phoenix Connexion page. Guest user (IP Address only) changed origin from Eastern Europe to "Colombia".
- Corrected a trivia statement on the Machete page. Comparing the Kukri design and the latin sheath blade design doesn't make sense, especially when going on the basis that both are in the same game. (Kukri design belongs to Counter-Strike 1.6, Latin Sheath Blade belongs to the Deleted Scenes.)
- Both HK69 and IMBEL MD pages created along with their galleries.
- Updated cut items navigation box to contain a Counter-Strike Beta category with both cut weapons in.
- Added all HUD icons for the HK69 and IMBEL MD.
- Added Brazil to Template:Flag for the IMBEL MD.
- Uploaded Brazilian Flag.
Lolz I remember I was headshot by bots via knife rolfRead more >
You can now follow the Wiki on Facebook and Steam!
Counter-Strike updates and important Wiki changes will be announced on social media too, so don't hesitate to like our Facebook page and join our Steam group.
Of course, these new places are also open to discussions and exchange between users, but as expected on the Wiki, don't forget to respect the Netiquette and stay friendly and respectful.
Welcome home!Read more >
The purpose of the Counter-Strike Wiki is to give the Counter-Strike community a place to view and contribute information about the series. The community as a whole is responsible for ensuring the information is as accurate as it is informative. Our job as admins is to make sure the information follows the standard Wiki policies, as well as the policies laid out in the Counter-Strike Wiki policy, and to ensure the wiki stays a friendly, inviting, and impartial place for users to learn more.
However, there have been a string of recent politically charged comments on several of the Counter-Terrorist and Terrorist factions pages. We wanted to take the time to remind the community that this wiki is not the place for such politically charged comments.…Read more >
Flippy The Army (or Toy Bonnie) wish you a Happy New Year of 2015! The 2014 is over and the 2015 has started.
Read more >
Yong Feng (Reply←→Edits) 13:08, December 31, 2014 (UTC)
Hello everybody! I wish everyone on the wiki a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!.
Read more >
The Counter-Strike Wiki is 9 years old and we have articles and images. Good job everyone!
Today I went to the history page of Counter-Strike, clicked the "500 revisions per page" button, scrolled to the bottom and clicked the first revision. I then read through the history of the page.
It was quite an interesting ride really. You can really see how this wiki had grown from its small beginnings at July 5, 2005 to where we are today. How little was done in the first five years and how 2010 was when the wiki had really started, with a huge boom in the amount of information and edits. Editors came and went. Templates appeared and disappeared. Large chunks of information were added and then deleted years later.
Reading through history is quite fun, I have to admit. It just feels satisfying to watch those large chunks of phrases and ty…Read more >
Alright! Me and Mroosa has worked a lot on the wiki by creating pages that has related to the Operation Vanguard. The Wiki now has back into regular blue. Now, it not done yet, some articles still need to make some cleanup/improving since my edits (mostly on OP:VG maps) are often rushed and some template colors are still in green.
Me and Mroosa are still in discuss of wanting truing the link color to orange or keep it blue in order to match it to the OP:VG theme colors. Feel free to comment here when your guys have some things wanted to be changed.
Flippy The Army out!
--留永锋 (Reply←→Edits) 16:57, November 12, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
I apologize if I am making any bad edits and if i was in a grouchy mood lately. I'm not having enough sleep as I am so busy doing other tasks. If I made a mistake, please correct that edit.
Thanks in advance!Read more >
Alright, it first time that I run the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive on my young sister's PC. And I got a surprise. Those black and such shadow like things block my whole screen in menu. When I play game it will either turn red and white or green. The strange thing is that my old sister's PC does not happen. And Both PCs are same model.
This also applies to the game Warface. But not for Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike: Source and such.
Anyone have idea how this problem calls? Because I don't know a proper word how this problem calls.
My young sister PC info:
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
AMD Turion(tm) II Dial-Core Mobile M520 3.30 GHz.
4.00 GB RAM.
My older sister PC info:
Will be added.
Read more >
Alright, Valve introduced the new operation called the Operation Breakout.
Now, it is the time to working on that operation by creating or adding new contents on the wiki about Ope. Breakout. It may take a while but I'm sure we can do it. Since I don't have CS:GO, I can only support a little. And I need some help.
Here is the official blog link of CS:GO Operation Breakout.
I created the:
- Operation Breakout
- Operation Breakout Weapon Case
- All Operation Breakout maps.
- Gallery of Ope. Breakout weapon case
Now, all what we need to do is add pictures of each weapon skins as well add which factions that appears in OB maps.
Yong Feng (Reply←→Edits) 08:42, July 2, 2014 (UTC)Read more >
As we are pulling together our Wiki Policies, we are always on the lookout for solutions to make things simple for members of the community to add and edit content on this wiki. One of the things we noticed as we continue to edit content is the inconsistency of rarity colors. Generally, it is the result of a simple typo, but in the interest of ensuring standardized colors we have embedded the colors within the CMS.
Previously, when adding color rarity to a weapon skin you would write something like:Read more >
The current policy of the Counter-Strike Wiki about images wants to promote the use of the high-quality uncompressed PNG format, so I threw together a small guide to be useful for the community. This article will only deal with the technical field. Another guide about how to take clean screenshots by disabling the HUD and view model will follow eventually :)
- Go to the Steam settings, In-Game tab.
- Check Save an uncompressed copy.
- Click on Screenshot folder and set a dedicated folder for your Steam screenshots.
- Don't forget the Screenshot shortcut key.
- Make sure the Steam Overlay is enabled for the current game you will be taking screenshots in.
- Launch the game and have fun taking a lot of screenshots with the Steam screenshot shortcut key.
Read more >