Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Used for||Planting the C4|
- Not to be confused with the bomb defuse zone.
A bombsite is the area in a bomb defusal map where the Terrorists must plant the bomb in order to win. Bomb defusal maps have two bombsites named Bombsite A and Bombsite B. Demolition maps are much smaller and only contain one.
- The location of a bombsite varies from map to map. Though in most maps, a bombsite is located at or near the CT spawn area.
- In early games, while the C4 carrier reaches the Bombsite and the area is fit to plant the bomb, the C4 icon on his HUD will begin to flash.
- In a bombsite, there are usually several boxes of weapon chemical stashes, which are the objects that need to be destroyed. Prior to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, these boxes used to leave shattered pieces once the bomb exploded. In Source, the props within the bombsite would ignite with fire.
- In addition, some bombsites have a red cross painted on the floor, usually around the center, with either a small A or B beside it. However, it is not required to plant the C4 exactly on the cross. A Terrorist can simply place the bomb at any location he desires, as long as it is in the vicinity of the area and he is on ground level in most situations.
- A bombsite is the only place where the bomb can be planted.
- The "X" appears to be rushed. If a Terrorist created it, he could have been in a hurry to get to somewhere safe or to report back to the rest of the Terrorists.
- Some bombsite logos (like the one in Nuke) are reused from Half-Life.
- In earlier versions of Counter-Strike there was one map that had three bombsites, Foption. Perhaps due to this, the radar/bot navigation system in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and all subsequent releases support the option of having a third bombsite, Bombsite C, in the map.
Main article: Bombsite/Gallery
- ↑ Valve Developer Community - Standard Place Names for CSS
- ↑ Valve Developer Community - Standard Place Names for CS:GO