The CS grenade is a gas grenade cut from Counter-Strike.
The only hint of its possible presence in the game, are 2 HUD icons and a kill icon representing it.
The CS grenade would release a cloud of gas that would damage anyone that passes through it. The effects could also stay for a couple seconds out of the gas.
The only way a player would gain immunity to the gas produced by the CS grenade was to buy the cut Gas mask.
Comparison to the Molotov cocktailEdit
Although both grenades have similar effects, the Molotov cocktail also has a counter-equipment being the Smoke Grenade which extinguishes the fire. The damage done is almost the same, in comparison to the CS Grenade. However, the CS grenade would also have a passive counter item, the Gas mask. This would negate the effects of the CS grenade permanently, instead of being a one use counter item.
- It was most likely going to be counter-terrorist exclusive, as military forces commonly use them in real life.
- The CS grenade functions like smoke grenade, instead releasing a harmful gas known as 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile.
- The gas is commonly used as riot control agent in real life.
- The gas is non-lethal weapon in real life, although lengthy exposure can lead to incapacitation. Similar to the Zeus x27 in Global Offensive, in which incapacitation counts as a kill.
- If this is true, then the Molotov Cocktail, another cut weapon from the older Counter-Strike games, was to be Terrorist exclusive, similar to Global Offensive.
- A similar item (gas grenade) was cut from Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes.
- In Counter-Strike 2D, an unofficial Valve game, the CS grenade appears and has similar properties to the Molotov Cocktail/Incendiary Grenade.
- CS gas at Wikipedia