|Alternate name(s)||Gas grenade|
|Usage|| Damage enemies
“Chokes enemies. Don't forget to buy a gas mask.”
―Buy menu description
Overview and developmentEdit
- The CS Grenade was originally to be included in both Gearbox's version of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and in the planned patch for Counter-Strike. As Gearbox Software failed to meet to deadline for their game, the project was scrapped along with the grenade. Only two HUD and a kill icon remain in the game files.
- The idea was later reconsidered when Ritual Entertainment acquired Gearbox's assets for their version of the game but was ultimately cut. HUD icons remain in the game files along with a viewmodel and worldmodel.
- The CS grenade would release a cloud of gas that would damage anyone that passes through it. The effects could also stay for a couple seconds out of the gas.
- The only way a player would gain immunity to the gas produced by the CS grenade was to buy the cut Gas mask.
Comparison to the Molotov cocktailEdit
- Although both grenades have similar effects, the Molotov cocktail did not have a counter-equipment. The Gas Mask would would negate the effects of CS grenade permanently.
- The CS Grenade producing a smoke would cause ill-equipped targets to cough, revealing their position.
Main article: CS grenade/Gallery
- It was most likely going to be Counter-Terrorist exclusive, as military forces commonly use them in real life.
- The CS grenade functions like a smoke grenade, instead releasing a harmful gas known as 2-chlorobenzalmalononitrile.
- The gas is commonly used as a riot control agent in real life.
- The gas is non-lethal weapon in real life, although lengthy exposure can lead to incapacitation.
- CS gas at Wikipedia