Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Creator(s)|| Salvatore Garozzo|
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
“Surgical precision and tactical prowess are crucial to securing a hidden weapons cache beneath Chernobyl.”
With the introduction of Operation Breakout, Cache became an official map.
This map is a remake of an original Counter-Strike: Source custom map, originally favoring the Terrorists.
- The Cache Collection was introduced before the ESL One 2014 tournament, and was originally only available in a souvenir package.
- The Chernobyl Power Plant is visible from the Terrorist insertion point, along with nearby buildings and even fencing material consistent with the real-life counterpart.
- Cache is currently the only non-Valve made map in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to become official.
- Although Mirage was originally an unofficial map (as de_cpl_strike), it was remade by Valve, and released for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as an official map.
- The map contains many several signs with the word "ЧАЕС" printed on them, the letters stand for Чорнобильська Атомна Електростанція, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukrainian.
- Despite the map being set in Chernobyl, the truck near the Terrorist spawn has a California plate on it.
- Situated on "Heaven" (B site) there are a stack of boxes with one ripped open, which contains a rack of AK-47's. However they cannot be picked up. Similar to the weapon racks on B site itself, which contains an AWP, SSG 08, among other weapons.