|Creator(s)|| Salvatore Garozzo|
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
“Surgical precision and tactical prowess are crucial to securing a hidden weapons cache beneath Chernobyl.”
With the introduction of Operation Breakout, Cache became an official map.
This map is a remake of an original Counter-Strike: Source custom map, originally favoring the Terrorists.
- The Cache Collection was introduced before the ESL One 2014 tournament, and was originally only available in a souvenir package.
- The Chernobyl Power Plant is visible from the Terrorist insertion point, along with nearby buildings and even fencing material consistent with the real-life counterpart.
- Cache is currently the only non-Valve made map in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to become official.
- Although Mirage was originally an unofficial map (as de_cpl_strike), it was remade by Valve, and released for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as an official map.
- The map contains many several signs with the word "ЧАЕС" printed on them, the letters stand for Чорнобильська Атомна Електростанція, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukrainian.
- Despite the map being set in Chernobyl, the truck near the Terrorist spawn has a California plate on it.
- Situated on "Heaven" (B site) there are a stack of boxes with one ripped open, which contains a rack of AK-47's. However they cannot be picked up. Similar to the weapon racks on B site itself, which contains an AWP, SSG 08, among other weapons.
- July 23, 2014
- Added solidity to gates in b halls and ct garage to allow for nade creativity.
- Improved readability in B heaven.
- Improved readability by quad.
- Improved lighting by forklift.
- Improved prop-consistency by quad by adding more rigid edges.
- Increased visibility in vent.
- Fixed missing texture issues.
- Fixed various lighting issues.
- Fixed texture translation issues.
- Added clipping to prevent an exploit boost.
- Slightly increased vent lighting.
- Minor but important change to shadowing in some rooms.
- August 1, 2014
- Fixed visibility exploit around pipe at mid.
- More translation fixes.
- Fixed multiple one-way wallbanging issues.
- Made catwalks wallbangable.
- Fixed issue where grenades would get stuck on thin wall panels.
- Smoothed movement around generator for less abrupt movement restriction.
- Improved readability around Quad.
- Further improved readability at Heaven.
- January 14, 2015
- Exploit fix in Bombsite B.
- May 4, 2016
- Visibility improvements based on color-blind player feedback
- Texture improvements
- New vent models
- Added subtle markers for grenade throws (thanks James Bardolph)
- Added plant-zone decals to Bombsite B
- Added graphic for “Sun-room” (thanks Thurnip)
- Fixed fade distance on crate in checkers
- Fixed weapons being irretrievable under vent
- Fixed all known bomb-stuck spots
- Fixed an exploit involving flashbangs from mid into checkers
- Fixed pixelwalks at mid, T-Spawn, A main, A site
- Improved .nav mesh (thanks p_NM)