|Creator(s)|| Salvatore Garozzo|
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
“Surgical precision and tactical prowess are crucial to securing a hidden weapons cache beneath Chernobyl.”
With the introduction of Operation Breakout, Cache became an official map.
This map is a remake of an original Counter-Strike: Source custom map, with rebalances to fix the original's Terrorist-sided issues.
The map takes place in Pripyat, Ukraine. The Chernobyl Power Plant is visible from the Terrorist spawn, along with nearby buildings and even fencing material consistent with the real-life counterpart.
- The Cache Collection was introduced before the ESL One 2014 tournament, and was originally only available in a souvenir packages.
- Cache is currently the only non-Valve made map in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive to become official.
- Although Mirage was originally an unofficial map (as de_cpl_strike), it was remade by Valve, and released for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive as an official map.
- The map contains many several signs with the word "ЧАЕС" printed on them, the letters stand for Чорнобильська Атомна Електростанція, Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukrainian.
- Despite the map being set in Chernobyl, the truck near the Terrorist spawn has a California plate on it.
- Despite taking place in Ukraine, the counter-terrorists are GIGN, which are French.
- Situated on "Heaven" (B site) there are a stack of boxes with one ripped open, which contains a rack of AK-47's. However they cannot be picked up. Similar to the weapon racks on B site itself, which contains an AWP, SSG 08, among other weapons.
- A graffiti at B site showing a winged man with an AWP was added after an incident in ESL One Cologne 2016 where professional gamer s1mple dropped from B Heaven with an AWP and killed two enemy players without using his scope.