Cobblestone (de_cbble) is a bomb defusal map featured in the Counter-Strike series. It's now a map in Counter-Strike Global Offensive as it was added in an update on 12/19/2013, alongside with the map Overpass.
This map was favored by snipers as sniper nests overlooked the courtyard. To avoid this, players can take the hallways or use smoke grenades for cover.
Not much has changed in Cbble, other than the lightning.
To accommodate with the new Source Engine, the map had graphical and textural tweaks though the integrity of Cbble remained unchanged.
Cbble was released on the 12/19/2013 update. Valve introduced major overhauls to the map, graphically and strategically. Nearly all of the crates have been removed and replaced with more realistic props. The hallways are now filled with museum artifacts instead of crates, similar to Piranesi. Alongside with this fact, some construction equipment, and Medieval props, Cbble may be a historical museum, or a tourist attraction, under construction somewhere in France.
In areas where accessing the bombsites was limited, there are now archways and/or new entry points for players to avoid snipers.
- Main article: Cbble/Guide
Tour of DutyEdit
- Main article: Cbble/Tour of Duty
This map was one of the many chosen to be placed in Tour of Duty 4.
| Cobblestone Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on the DE_Cbble map.
- Main article: Cbble/Gallery
- According to the official description of de_chateau, the Terrorists were able to successfully bomb Lord Williams' country farmhouse (Cobble). However, it appears that Lord Williams survived and was rebuilding his summer investment (Chateau) thus intensifying the conflict between the Terrorists and Counter-terrorists.
- Due to the description, it is the only official map to be referenced by another map and is the only time when the Terrorists have ever successfully bombed a map.
- According to Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, the official long name of this map is Cobblestone. This map is also short-named Cobble in Counter-Strike (Xbox) and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- In Counter-Strike: Condition Zero , when bots plant the bomb at bombsite A, the bots usually plant it near a crate and the bomb will be clipped with the crate, rendering it undefusable.
- It was named "de_cbble" instead of "de_cobble" due to the old, eight character restriction.
- According to Counter-Strike official blog, you can use both this map and Overpass on any servers free of charge. The only exception is official matchmaking (include casual and competitive matches) which requires you to buy an Operation Bravo pass.
- Added to the Active Duty map group
- Removed OP flower pot at back of B.
- Added a lip at the top of main B entrance to provide more cover to T team.
- Slightly extended large planter by B entrance to close a thin sight line from back of B to side door.
- Drop-down to alternative B entrance has been widened to allow a better view of the room below.
- Drop-down room roof beams have been moved further away from the stairs.
- Roof of alternative B entrance has been opened up for additional grenade throws.
- Locations where the bomb could be dropped out of players’ reach have been clipped off.
- Lighting changes at some locations to provide better visibility.
- Shifted tapestry in CT sniper room up and made it lighter color to make players more visible against it.