|Creator(s)|| David Johnston |
Turtle Rock Studios
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|Counter-Terrorists|| GSG-9 |
|First appearance||BETA 6.5|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
This map was favored by snipers as sniper nests overlooked the courtyard. To avoid this, players can take the hallways or use smoke grenades for cover.
Not much has changed in Cbble, other than the lightning.
To accommodate with the new Source Engine, the map had graphical and textural tweaks though the integrity of Cbble remained unchanged.
Cobblestone was re-introduced as part of the December 18, 2013 update. Valve preformed a major overhaul to the map, graphically and strategically. Nearly all of the crates were removed and replaced with more realistic props. The hallways had become filled with museum artifacts instead of crates, similar to Piranesi. Additionally, the map is littered with some construction equipment and Medieval props, completing the transition from just an old medieval castle in the previous games to a historical museum and tourist attraction somewhere in France.
Tour of DutyEdit
This map was one of the many chosen to be placed in Tour of Duty 4.
| Cobblestone Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on the DE_Cbble map.
- July 16, 2014
- Removed OP flower pot at back of B.
- Added a lip at the top of main B entrance to provide more cover to T team.
- Slightly extended large planter by B entrance to close a thin sight line from back of B to side door.
- Drop-down to alternative B entrance has been widened to allow a better view of the room below.
- Drop-down room roof beams have been moved further away from the stairs.
- Roof of alternative B entrance has been opened up for additional grenade throws.
- Locations where the bomb could be dropped out of players’ reach have been clipped off.
- Lighting changes at some locations to provide better visibility.
- Shifted tapestry in CT sniper room up and made it lighter color to make players more visible against it.
- September 2, 2014
- Added T spawns to lower position, prioritized them over battlement spawns
- Added ladder from bottom of T spawn to battlement near T sniper tower
- Neutralized corner when moving through archhouse on B upper catwalk
- Neutralized corner when entering B site through connector
- Moved back CT spawns
- Tightened entrance corridor to Long A, T side
- Reduced depth of CT sniper room and made windows more open
- Reconfigured B tunnels for faster T rotation time
- Added path from T side of underpass into B tunnels
- Reduced sightlines from back of B to entrances
- Lowered railing at back of B to make characters on platform easier to spot
- Cut out area behind the toilet in back of B
- Minor lighting/texturing changes at A for better visibility
- Rotated window overlooking connector
- January 14, 2015
- Fixed sticky spot under roof overhang at B
- Fixed overview map not matching the geometry at Gallery
- Raised ceiling and added trim in Gallery
- Fixed sticky clip brush at A
- Added clip brush to tapestry in CT sniper room so you can’t walk through it
- Fixed floating electrical box in sewer stairwell
- Fixed missing texture above T ramp
- Removed handrail/clips and adjusted lighting in CT sniper hallway
- Fixed wooden platform clipping into stone in T spawn
- Made window bars in B tunnels & Gallery non-solid
- Cobblestone was originally named "de_cbble" instead of "de_cobble" in honor of the old, eight character restriction.
- According to the official description of de_chateau, the Terrorists were able to successfully bomb Lord William's country farmhouse (Cobble). However, it appears Lord William survived, and was rebuilding his summer investment (Chateau).
- The description means this is the only time when the Terrorists have ever canonically bombed a map.
- Despite the description, Lord William does not appear on the map, nor does he appear in any other part of the Counter-Strike series. However, Lord William is the focus of two missions in both of the Operation Bloodhound campaigns.
- Due to the verticality of this map, it is fairly easy to take fall damage. Bots in early rounds will also occasionally fall to their deaths.
- In Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, when bots plant the bomb at bombsite A, the bots usually plant it near a crate, potentially clipping inside the crate, rendering it un-defusable.
- In Global Offensive, the Professionals were originally the Terrorists on this map but were replaced by the Phoenix Connexion for unknown reasons.
- In Global Offensive's Guardian mode, the map's only hostage is named "Lord William."