Cobblestone (de_cbble) is a bomb defusal map featured in the Counter-Strike series. It's now a map in Counter-Strike Global Offensive as it was added in an update on 12/19/2013, alongside with the map Overpass.
This map was favored by snipers as sniper nests overlooked the courtyard. To avoid this, players can take the hallways or use smoke grenades for cover.
Counter-Strike: Condition ZeroEdit
Not much has changed in Cbble, other than the lightning.
To accommodate with the new Source Engine, the map had graphical tweaks though the integrity of Cbble remained unchanged.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
Cbble was released on the 12/19/2013 update. Valve introduced major overhauls to the map, graphically and strategically. Nearly all of the crates have been removed and replaced with more realistic props. The hallways are now filled with museum artifacts instead of crates, similar to Piranesi. Alongside with this fact, some construction equipment, and Medieval props, Cbble may be a historical museum, or a tourist attraction, under construction somewhere in France.
In areas where accessing the bombsites was limited, there are now archways and/or new entry points for players to avoid snipers.
Main Article: Cbble/Guide
Tour of DutyEdit
- Main article: Cobblestone (Tour of Duty)
This map was one of the many chosen to be placed in Tour of Duty 4.
- According to the official description of de_chateau, the Terrorists were able to successfully bomb Lord Williams' country farmhouse (Cobble). However, it appears that Lord Williams survived and was rebuilding his summer investment (Chateau) thus intensifying the conflict between the Terrorists and Counter-terrorists.
- Due to the description, it is the only official map to be referenced by another map and is the only time when the Terrorists have ever successfully bombed a map.
- According to Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, the official long name of this map is Cobblestone. This map is also short-named Cobble in Counter-Strike (Xbox).
- In Counter-Strike: Condition Zero , when bots plant the bomb at bombsite A, the bots usually plant it near a crate and the bomb will be clipped with the crate, rendering it undefusable.
- It was named "de_cbble" instead of "de_cobble" due to the old, eight character restriction.
- According to Counter-Strike official blog, you can use both this map and Overpass on any servers free of charge. The only exception is official matchmaking (include casual and competitive matches) which requires you to buy an Operation Bravo pass.
- Main article: Cbble/Gallery