The map takes places in what appears to be an abandoned city. There are two bomb targets in the map, one of which appears to be a church of some kind.
City of Sin was designed by Ritual Entertainment while they were in charge of the development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. It was likely one of the original 10 multiplayer maps that were to be released with Ritual's version of the game. The map made no known media appearances during development. For unknown reasons, the map was never officially released.
- In the leaked version of the map, a few Counter-Terrorists spawn points are located outside the buy zone. This causes problems when playing with bots as they will be unable to purchase weapons.
- In Counter-Strike Online, there is a New Zombie Shelter map called City of Damned which is based on this map.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Josh Jeffcoat Interview.
- ↑ Ritualistic Forums: CZ Multiplayer Maps. Archived from the original on 2004-09-11.
- ↑ Half.Life.Including.Condition.Zero.READ.NFO-ANON - Presence of de_cityofsin.bsp.