Containers are a type of item exclusive to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. When opened, they will provide a player with a cosmetic item, randomly selected from the container's selection of cosmetic items, with those of higher rarity having a smaller chance to appear.
Weapon Cases were introduced in the Arms Deal update. Players have a chance to receive weapon cases as a drop after each completed game on a VAC secured server.
In order to open a weapon case, the player requires a matching key which can be bought in-game or from someone else via the Steam Market. Each weapon case contains a collection of weapon skins ranging from Mil-Spec (rare) skins to exceedingly rare knife skins. Unique to weapon cases, there is also a chance to receive a StatTrak™ version of the weapon skin when opening the case.
The types of weapon cases include:
- Black - Valve created weapon skins requiring a CS:GO Case Key
- eSports - Valve created weapon skins requiring an eSports Key with a portion of the proceeds going to support the CS:GO eSport gaming scene
- Yellow - community created weapon skins requiring unique keys with a portion of the proceeds going to support the skins' authors
On September 11, 2017, Perfect World CS:GO Team released information regarding the probability of item quality available from Weapon Cases, in accordance with policy from the Ministry of Culture mandating that Chinese video games with lootbox-type microtransactions need to announce their loot quality stats.
The probability of items received in a weapon case are calculated under the following rules:
- From Rare items (darker blue) to Ancient items (Red), the relative probability of getting an item one grade higher than the current grade is 1:5.
- For ultra rare tier items (yellow), its relative probability to Ancient items (Red) is 2:5.
- Different items of the same quality will have the same chance to appear.
- Any items that have a StatTrak variant will have a 1/10 chance of coming with one.
In percentage forms, the probability of individual item grades are as follows:
|Quality||Normal Variant Probability||StatTrak Variant Probability|
The probability of individual items in each item grade is then divided equally for all available items. The properties of the item itself (e.g. float & wear values) is further randomized.
Sticker Capsules are a type of container in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Dropped sticker capsules require a corresponding sticker capsule key to be used in order to be opened. When opened, the player will receive a random sticker from the capsule's sticker series.
The types of sticker capsules include:
- Yellow - Valve created stickers received as a random drop requiring a yellow capsule key
- Red - community created stickers received as a random drop requiring a red capsule key with a portion of the proceeds going to the authors of the stickers
- Blue - event based stickers sold directly from the in-game store during major tournaments or events with the proceeds being shared amongst the organizations included
Packages are a type of container dropped during a championship match in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive or purchased from the in-game store.
Unlike other containers, they do not need any key to be used or opened.
The types of packages include:
- Souvenir Packages - dropped packages containing Souvenir quality weapon skins with one or more stickers already applied
- Gift Packages - purchased packages sold in-game for a limited time during the winter holiday to gift skins to other players
- #207 - Spectrum Case
- #179 - Glove Case
- #178 - StatTrak™ Radicals Box*
- #176 - CS:GO Graffiti Box*
- #175 - Collectible Pins Capsule Series 2*
- #174 - Bestiary Capsule*
- #173 - Sugarface Capsule*
- #172 - Gamma 2 Case
- #144 - Gamma Case
- #143 - Collectible Pins Capsule Series 1*
- #142 - Community Graffiti Box 1*
- #141 - Chroma 3 Case
- #110 - Team Roles Capsule*
- #109 - Slid3 Capsule*
- #108 - Pinups Capsule*
- #49 - Enfu Sticker Capsule*
* Available only as in-game offer
- #208 - Operation Hydra Case
- #112 - Operation Wildfire Case
- #111 - Revolver Case
- #80 - Shadow Case
- #50 - Falchion Case
- #48 - Chroma 2 Case
- #38 - Chroma Case
- #29 - Operation Vanguard Weapon Case
- #19 - eSports 2014 Summer Case
- #18 - Operation Breakout Weapon Case
- #17 - Huntsman Weapon Case
- #16 - Community Sticker Capsule 1
- #12 - Sticker Capsule 2
- #11 - Operation Phoenix Weapon Case
- #10 - CS:GO Weapon Case 3
- #9 - Sticker Capsule
- #7 - Winter Offensive Weapon Case
- #5 - eSports 2013 Winter Case
- #4 - CS:GO Weapon Case 2
- #3 - Operation Bravo Case
- #2 - eSports 2013 Case
- #1 - CS:GO Weapon Case
- #200-#206 - Atlanta 2017 Souvenir Packages**
- #182-#199 - Atlanta 2017 Autograph Capsules*
- #181 - Atlanta 2017 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #180 - Atlanta 2017 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #165-#171 - Cologne 2016 Souvenir Packages**
- #147-#164 - Cologne 2016 Autograph Capsules*
- #146 - Cologne 2016 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #145 - Cologne 2016 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #133-#140 - MLG Columbus 2016 Souvenir Packages**
- #115-#132 - MLG Columbus 2016 Autograph Capsules*
- #114 - MLG Columbus 2016 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #113 - MLG Columbus 2016 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #101-#107 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #83-#100 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Autograph Capsules*
- #82 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Challengers (Foil)*
- #81 - DreamHack Cluj-Napoca 2015 Legends (Foil)*
- #73-#79 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #53-#72 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Autograph Capsules*
- #52 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Challengers (Foil)*
- #51 - ESL One Cologne 2015 Legends (Foil)*
- #47 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Challengers (Holo/Foil)*
- #46 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #39-#45 - ESL One Katowice 2015 Souvenir Packages**
- #31-#37 - DreamHack 2014 Souvenir Packages**
- #30 - DreamHack 2014 Legends (Holo/Foil)*
- #22-#28 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Souvenir Packages**
- #21 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Challengers*
- #20 - ESL One Cologne 2014 Legends*
- #15 - EMS Katowice 2014 Legends*
- #14 - EMS Katowice 2014 Challengers*
- #13 - EMS One 2014 Souvenir Package**
- #8 - Gift Packages***
- #6 - DreamHack 2013 Souvenir Package**
* Formerly available only as in-game offer
** Dropped only during event
*** Available only as in-game offer during the winter holidays
Behind the scenes
- In game files, an unused model for a weapon crate can be found, named
weapon_crate_a.mdlwhich suggest allowing to inspect container model.Later shipped feature along with new UI panorama with opening animation to game.
- ↑ 应文化部政策要求关于CSGO随机抽取类物品概率与结果的公示 - csgo.com.cn (in Chinese)
- ↑ Perfect World CS:GO has finally published their case odds (in a reluctant way) just like what they did with Dota 2 earlier - Reddit r/GlobalOffensive
- ↑ https://i.imgur.com/n8BaDjO.png
- ↑ July 11, 2018 Update