- Source: CStrike Planet - Version History
This is a collection of the various changes and additions to post-release Counter-Strike.
- September 8, 2000
- Sig 550
- Redone player models.
- Incorporate Valve's model blending technology.
- Leave BETA stages.
- January 13, 2001
- Add spectator mode -- allow_spectators. (0/1)
- Make jumping while shooting more inaccurate with submachine guns.
- Take out sniper crosshair when zoomed out.
- AWP leg shots now non-lethal.
- Swimming animation added to models.
- Status bar text uses team colors.
- Upgrade player models to 512×512 textures.
- All CS Strings localized to titles.txt
- Add option to take "end game" screenshot.
- Length of MOTD increased to 1536.
- Changed logging format to meet the standards. Several events have been added to the logs:
Logic use to cycle the map has been changed. The map will cycle if one of three conditions has been met:
- "mp_timelimit" has been met.
- "mp_winlimit" rounds have been won by one of the teams
- "mp_maxrounds" have been played.
- Fix many cheats
- "Out of ammo" hint message fixed.
- "Punished for team killer" hint message fixed.
- "Through floor" death animation fixed.
- April 6, 2001
- Incorrect Hitboxes fixed when holding specific weapons.
- September 12, 2001
- Redesign multiplayer scoreboard.
- Change minimum value for "mp_chattime" to 1 second.
- Change minimum value for "mp_buytime" to 0.25. (15 seconds)
- Multicast spectator.
- Voice communication.
- Server chat to logging.
- CapsLock key is now bindable.
- Switching to Spectator is now logged.
- Radio commands can be heard by nearby enemies.
- Commandmenu support implemented.
- Sets the amount of starting money players may have.
- maximum: 16000
- minimum: 800
- default: 800
- April 24, 2002
- Anti-Cheat protection.
- New first-person mode to spectator modes.
- Sound when "kevlar" and "kevlar/helmet" are purchased.
- Code to force "sv_clienttrace 1" on the server.
- Cheering to HLTV.
- Player ID to Half-Life Death Match.
- Chat flood protection to Half-Life Death Match.
- Logging of fatal Sys_Error server shutdowns.
- New setinfo item "_cl_autowepswitch" (default: 1) which controls whether or not a client switches to picked up weapon.
- User Interface for HLTV.
- Dedicated server FPS (sys_ticrate) accuracy in Windows NT/2K/XP and Linux.
- In-game spectator mode to include HLTV features.
- Only Terrorists are notified when the bomb is dropped or picked up.
- Players must stand still when planting the bomb. (including no jumping)
- Players cannot move or shoot while defusing the bomb.
- VIP cannot drop any weapons.
- Color of the words 'BOMB' and 'VIP' in the scoreboard to make them more visible.
- Name changes for dead players are stored and processed when the players respawn back into the world.
- The way "kevlar" and "kevlar/helmet" work using the buy menus...make them work together.
- When someone mutes a player (in the scoreboard), they will no longer see that player's in-game text messages either.
- Dedicated servers (Win32 + Linux) now default to 32MB heapsize.
- Speaking players flash in team members' radars.
- Dead bodies remain on the ground for the entire round.
- Dropped bomb blinks red in Terrorist team's radar.
- If player dies, view zooms away from falling body while changing the angle to show the killer.
- Muting a player in the scoreboard will also mute their text messages.
- Steam beta clients and non-Steam clients can play together on the same server now.
- Voice communication uses DirectSound by default now.
- Rename setinfo items "ah" and "vgui_menus" to "_ah" and "_vgui_menus"
- Smoke grenade.
- Radio command.
- Duplicate HUD weapon sprite bug.
- Footstep sounds to correctly play when not walking.
- Fastwalk cheats.
- Uneven movement rate when moving through water.
- Server locking up at end of round when a lot of grenades are in play.
- Several ammunition inconsistencies between weapons that share ammo types.
- a Terrorist as Counter-Terrorist skin bug.
- Bug with "kevlar/helmet" where players could buy it again at the beginning of each round even if they didn't need it.
- Some view_model animation bugs.
- Use key causing an instant player stop with no deceleration.
- Bogus\Save directory being created when you ran Half-Life.
- Filter logic in the launcher.
- Bug where clients could not connect to server side only MODs.
- Bug where you could "kill" the HLTV entity in Half-Life Death Match.
- AddIP command.
- Crash when a func_breakable triggers a trigger_counter.
- Egon gun beam problem in Half-Life Death Match.
- Tau cannon prediction problem.
- Fog messing Additive sprites.
- Alien Grunts not making any attack sounds.
- Egon's beam looking yellow in sofware mode.
- "Bad address type" fatal server error (caused by clients with long names).
- "Condump" so the output won't overwrite previous files.
- "Cvarlist" so the output won't overwrite previous files.
- Rcon_port and rcon_address so they can be set manually by the player to rcon a server.
- Server shutdowns related to using bots.
- "Vote" and "votemap" commands to work correctly.
- Bug where clients would try to change their name while dead and then couldn't change it when they respawned.
- "Friends" connectionless packet query.
- Players hearing enemy radio calls.
- June 12, 2002
- Logging of the anti-cheat system catching and kicking detected cheats.
- Logging of "kick" commands.
- Logging of "banid" commands.
- New debug message for mod makers if a packet couldn't be parsed correctly.
- Error message if clients try to download missing resources to be more helpful.
- 'exec' command now only works on .cfg and .rc files.
- 'exec' command no longer allows ".." or "\\" or ":" in the filename.
- Ricochet included in this release.
- Hlds_run now does auto-restart by default (to disable: define "-norestart" on the command line)
- Hlds_run uses "exec" when you define the "-norestart" option.
- Add -pingboost command line parameter. Currently supports three different methods ('-pingboost 1', '-pingboost 2', and 'pingboost 3'). These may not work well (or at all) on some OS environments.
- Add "-debug" flag to hlds_run to automatically run gdb and pull out useful info.
- Add "serverversion", can be set to '1108' to view/re-record old demos.
- Add "sv_logbans" to turn the logging of player bans on and off. Default is 0 (off).
- Fixed mp_hostagepenalty not working.
- Fixed problem with server locking when the bomb is planted and a new player joins the server.
- Restored "mp_fadetoblack" server variable.
- Fixed incorrect WonID logging.
- Fixed sv_allowdownload being required to be set to 1 for clients to connect to secure servers.
- Fixed 'bad address type' fatal error on servers that attempt to run in secure mode but have no DNS resolution.
- Fixed DropClient messages for Steam clients who were banned or have a duplicate Steam ID to properly show the SteamID of the client.
- Fixed HLTV reporting wrong spectator numbers if connection to server was pending.
- Fixed "multicast 1" not working if it was issued before HLTV connected to game server.
- Fixed relay proxies reporting wrong spectator/slots numbers in multiplayer/LAN menu.
- Fixed DMC powerup bug where the invisibility ring would make people glow red.
- Fixed rcon bug in HLTV.
- Fixed delay being reset to default value during changelevel.
- Fixed a problem with propagating HLTV banners.
- Fixed client freeze on exit.
- Fixed framerate problem on some ATI video cards.
- Fixed MaxPing filter not being saved correctly.
- Fixed sky box bug.
- Fixed TFC spy disguise menu bug.
- Fixed DMC view model animation bug.
- Fixed bug using "exec <filename>" on large files (e.g. banned.cfg).
Linux bug fix:
- Fixed server using 64 MB more memory than it needed to.
- Fixed 'undefined symbol: __strtouq_internal' on some Linux systems.
- Fixed segmentation fault on some Linux systems when attempting to run in secure mode.