The Counter-Strike series is a franchise of first-person shooter video games primarily developed for Microsoft Windows, and later Mac OS X, by Valve Corporation. Counter-Strike was later ported to the Xbox, while Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has been released for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360—a first for the series.
- Counter-Strike (Microsoft Windows)
- Counter-Strike (Xbox) (Xbox)
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero (Microsoft Windows)
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes (Microsoft Windows)
- Counter-Strike: Source (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360)
The spin-off games are targeted towards a different audience and are usually not considered part of the series.
- Counter-Strike Neo (Arcade)
- Counter-Strike Online (Microsoft Windows)
- Counter-Strike Online 2 (Microsoft Windows)
As of December 3, 2008, the original Counter-Strike had sold 4.2 million retail copies, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero had sold 2.9 million, Counter-Strike (Xbox) had sold 1.5 million, and Counter-Strike: Source had sold 2.1 million. Digital sales via Steam are not factored in.
Valve has stated that the series has sold over 25 million units since the original release of Counter-Strike.
- ↑ http://store.steampowered.com/news/6059/
- ↑ http://www.shacknews.com/article/56193/valve-reveals-lifetime-retail-sales
- ↑ http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/counter-strike-global-offensive/news/6328645/counter-strike-global-offensive-firing-up-early-2012
- Counter-Strike at Wikipedia
- Counter-Strike: Condition Zero at Wikipedia
- Counter-Strike: Source at Wikipedia
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive at Wikipedia
- Counter-Strike Neo at Wikipedia
- Counter-Strike Online at Wikipedia