Winning conditions vary for each scenario although the Counter-Terrorists will prevail if all Terrorists are eliminated (unless the bomb detonates before it can be defused, in the case of defusal mode).
- Prevent the Terrorists from planting the bomb. If executed, it must be disarmed before it explodes.
- Either eliminate all of the Terrorists before they can reach the terrorist escape zone or prevent them from achieving their goal until the time runs out.
Counter-Terrorists are capable of using all equipment available in the Counter-Strike series, besides the C4. These are the equipment and weapons exclusive to the Counter-Terrorists (Content in Italics are exclusive to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive ):
- Defusal kit
- Rescue kit
- USP (Spawn pistol - Prior to Global Offensive)
- P2000 (Spawn pistol - Global Offensive only)
- USP-S (Alternative spawn pistol)
- ES Five-seven/Five-seveN
- Schmidt Machine Pistol/MP9
- Silencer (in Global Offensive)
- Tactical Shield (CS:CZ and CS1.6 only)
- Clarion 5.56/FAMAS (since CS 1.6, after introduction of CS:CZ)
- Maverick M4A1 Carbine (replaced by M4A4/M4A1-S in CS:GO)
- Krieg 550 Commando
- Incendiary grenade
In a tactical sense, the Counter-Terrorists can purchase team exclusive weapons that have controllable or low recoil and good accuracy but these weapons inflict less damage compared to Terrorist exclusive weapons.
All Counter-Terrorist agencies depicted are based on real life counterparts.
Counter-Strike: Condition ZeroEdit
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit