Counter-Terrorists, commonly abbreviated as CTs, are one of the two forces featured in the Counter-Strike series. They are often perceived as the "good guys" or "protagonists", opposite of the bad guys, the Terrorists. Their traits include having a wider arsenal of weapons as well as having a slight tactical advantage on many maps. However, many of their weapons are much more expensive.
Winning conditions vary for each scenario although the Counter-Terrorists will prevail if all Terrorists are eliminated (unless the bomb detonates before it can be defused, in the case of defusal mode).
- Prevent the Terrorists from planting the bomb. If executed, it must be disarmed before it explodes.
- Either eliminate all of the Terrorists before they can reach the terrorist escape zone or prevent them from achieving their goal until the time runs out.
Counter-Terrorists are capable of using all equipment available in the Counter-Strike series, besides the C4. These are the equipment and weapons exclusive to the Counter-Terrorists (Content in Italics are exclusive to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive):
- Defusal kit
- Rescue kit
- USP (Spawn pistol - Prior to Global Offensive)
- P2000 (Spawn pistol - Global Offensive only)
- USP-S (Alternative spawn pistol)
- ES Five-seven/Five-seveN
- Schmidt Machine Pistol/MP9
- Silencer (in Global Offensive)
- Tactical Shield (CS:CZ and CS1.6 only)
- Clarion 5.56/FAMAS (since CS 1.6, after introduction of CS:CZ)
- Maverick M4A1 Carbine (replaced by M4A4/M4A1-S in CS:GO)
- Krieg 550 Commando
- Incendiary grenade
In a tactical sense, the Counter-Terrorists can purchase team exclusive weapons that have controllable or low recoil and good accuracy but these weapons inflict less damage compared to Terrorist exclusive weapons. Moreover, the usage of silencers is often used solely by the CT team.
All Counter-Terrorist agencies depicted are based on real life counterparts.
Counter-Strike: Condition ZeroEdit
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit