|Deleted Scenes Mission|
Colorado Springs, USA
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||U.S. Navy SEAL|
|Overview||This is the central headquarters and training facility for Counter-Terrorists as they work to eradicate hostile influences and eliminate the threat of terrorism.|
|Main objectives||Test skills using the weapons arsenal.|
Receive instruction for the specialized tools utilized throughout the missions.
- This article is about the training mission featured in Deleted Scenes. For the training that is featured in Global Offensive, see Weapons Course.
Counter Terrorist Training is the training session in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.
Much like the Hazard Course from Half-Life and Boot Camp from Half-Life: Opposing Force, the player is briefed in the many tasks and functions present in the game. This includes using Deleted Scenes-specific equipment (such as the fiber optic camera, the radio controlled bomb, the camera and the blowtorch), learning about dangerous hazards (such as fire, poisonous gas, and contaminated liquid), as well as basic movement controls like moving forward, climbing ladders, swimming, crouching, and duck jumping. It also uses other gameplay aspects of the Counter-Strike series, such as the use of flashbangs, smoke grenades, HE grenades, guns, sniper rifles, defusing C4/nuclear bombs, and rescuing hostages.
|U.S Navy SEAL||The appearance of this faction is when entering this facility. They work as a guard. Second, during the firing zone. One of the U.S Navy SEAL give a briefing to the player about weapons. The last appearance is during bomb defusal scene. The U.S Navy SEAL is covering the player while the player defusing the C4.|
|Phoenix Faction||The appearance of this faction is during the fiber optic camera test. First, the player can see this faction behind a sealed door. Then, the player must go to another course by passing through a room that has a Phoenix Faction member in it without being detected.|
|Officer||The officer is who tells the player where to go.|
|Scientist||The scientist is briefing the player about the basic skills.|
Weapons & equipmentsEdit
There are several weapons and equipments used in this training that are:
While at the fire ranges, walk toward the ammo supply to get more ammo, so ammunition is more than enough, except for the M3 Shotgun.
|ICON||NAME||AMMO / AMOUNT|
|Colt M4A1 Carbine||30 / 30|
|USP||12 / 12|
|Bullpup||30 / 30|
|Arctic Warfare Magnum||10 / 10|
|M3 Super Shotgun||8 / 0|
|Fiber optic camera||1|
|Wall-attached Medical Kit||1 (two times use)|
|Night Vision Goggles||1 (one course used)|
The U.S Navy SEAL operatives use Colt M4A1 Carbine.
The Phoenix Faction members use Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun.
There are four stealth zones available in this training.
- Inside of the elevator, there is a wanted poster featuring some of the terrorists involved with the September 11, 2001 attacks. Similar posters are also found on the desks of employees.
- Many of the employees will dismiss the player, claiming they are too busy for a conversation.
- On the floor in the beginning of the mission, there is a large blue circle of tiles with Counter-Strike's iconic logo and the words "CS" (referring to Counter-Strike) written inside of it. Interestingly enough, the mission's world map icon features a different circle with a different image. In it lies an eagle and the words "United States Government".
- On several of the computers in the briefing room, there is a physical map of the world and a pinpoint located on southern Texas. Below the map, there is an outline of a UH-60 Black Hawk (the helicopter in Recoil). This strongly hints that the Black Hawk took off in Southern Texas. However, it is likely that the pinpoint was supposed to be placed on the facility in Colorado Springs.
- On one of the television screens, there is a nearly identical map. Its only difference is a pinpoint positioned on top of central Africa, where Recoil supposedly took place.
- The scientists are based on Half-life scientists model.
- The level is inconsistently titled Counter Terrorist Training instead of Counter-Terrorist Training.
- Weapons mounted on the wall in the armory are not actual in-game entities and cannot be obtained through the use of cheats.
- Despite the facility being located in Colorado Springs, the world map displays a location in northwestern America.
- If a grenade is thrown at the ammo window, it will shatter and can be entered.
- The employees have same behavior as the scientists in Half-Life; if console commands are used to give weapons, and the employees are fired upon, they will look as if they are dancing.
- Prior to the night vision training, there is an elbow-shaped pipe. Stand against the pipe to get stuck, then jump to hear a door opening. Continue forward until reaching a hole in the ground. Entering the hole will lead to place with several women bowing in front of ritual sign.
- During the Fiber Optic Camera test, two idle terrorists can be seen, accessing the area via
noclipwill not provoke the terrorists to attack.
- Hazard Course at Half-Life Wiki.