Dahab was a desert themed map which centered around a marketplace and a mosque in the Middle East. The official trailer gives the impression that the map would've been massive in size, though it is likely that this was only an illusion and many of the buildings shown were in fact background models.
Dahab was designed by Marc Schröder when Gearbox Software was developing Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. Schröder was also responsible for the textures used in the map. Dahab was not showcased in the media until 2002, indicating that Scröder probably started working on the map after having made good progress on Vostok.
While the map made relatively few media appearances, it was prominently featured in the official trailer. The trailer showed a scripted sequence which was the collaborative work of several Gearbox Software employees. This cutscene was inspired by the film Black Hawk Down.
- Marc Schröder's mod Poke646: Vendetta features an easter egg which includes a part of Dahab.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Josh Jeffcoat Interview
- ↑ Gearbox Software Forums - Designing Levels For CZ. Archived from the original on 2003-01-28.
- ↑ Biografie: Gute Brushes, schlechte Brushes... - Editing Forum of thewall.de
- ↑ suche irak, afrika usw texturen - Editing Forum of thewall.de
- ↑ Gearbox Software Forums - Condition zero trailer. Archived from the original on 2003-05-10.
- ↑ Games Domain - Counter-Strike: Condition Zero hands-on - Pipeline Preview. Archived from the original on 2002-12-22.