The defusal kit is a Counter-Terrorist exclusive item used to decrease the time it takes to defuse bombs.
It can only be purchased by Counter-Terrorists on bomb defusal maps. It halves the time required to defuse the bomb (five seconds instead of the usual ten). Unlike the Terrorist's C4, the Defusal Kit must be purchased, and does not have to be selected to be used. It is automatically used when defusing the bomb, and can be used an unlimited amount of times.
If a Counter-Terrorist dies and has a Defuse Kit, any other Counter-Terrorist without a Defuse Kit can pick it up. Defuse Kits were added in BETA 5.0 (the defusion scenario was added in BETA 4.0). CT bots will most likely buy defusal kits so if you are playing with bots, you don't really need one, you can loot one from fallen teammates.
It is often highly recommended to purchase a Kit as a Counter Terrorist to reduce the time it takes to defuse (especially if "ninja defusing") and to avoid being berated and insulted by your team in the event of a failed defuse.
- Decreases bomb defusal time by 50%
- Inexpensive (costs $200 and $400 in Competitive mode in Global Offensive)
- Makes the owner a priority target to the Terrorists (though if everybody on the team owns one, this disadvantage vanishes)
|Combat Ready||Defuse a bomb with a kit when it would have failed without one|
- The database file name for this equipment is defuser.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, defusing method is by entering the code. However, the player still uses the Defusal Kit.
- Similar to the C4 bomb, the defusal kit is seen on a player at third-person (it is strapped on the waistline of the player), has a world model, and is exclusively avaliable (for Counter-Terrorists) in bomb defusal maps. Unlike the C4 bomb, it is possible to see many defusal kits in the map during normal gameplay.