Downed Pilot (cz_downed) is the eighth mission in the Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes storyline.
A helicopter has been shot down near a mining compound in the jungles of Puerto Iguazu, Argentina. The pilots of the helicopter have been taken as hostages in the mining compound. The GSG-9 has been sent to search the mining area for survivors and lead them to the extraction point.
The level starts with the player on board a helicopter with the Bravo team. The Alpha 2 detects the crashed aircraft and the player was ordered by the leader to investigate the crash site with the Bravo team. After ziplining down, the team sees a blood trail leading to a river which states that the pilots were taken hostage by the terrorists. The team then follows the river with several terrorists attacking them, at the end of the river lies the wreck of the aircraft. The Bravo team was ordered to secure the wreck site and orders the player to continue further to search for the missing pilots.
After fighting with terrorists found on each corridor of the mine, the first pilot was found locked behind a sealed door while an ally operative appears and informs Alpha 1 that the first pilot was found. The player was then again ordered to find the 2 other pilots he then continues to a security checkpoint in which after killing all the terrorists inside and attempting to open the next door, All doors were locked by the terrorists and the room was sprayed with knockout gas thereby knocking out the player.
The player wakes up inside a cell without any weapons on and now the player must now find a way to escape the cell, fortunately he finds a knife with the skeleton of the previous prisoner located behind a wall which was worn out. The player then shakes the cell door to anger the one of the terrorists guarding the player, after numerous door shaking the terrorist cannot take it anymore and wanted to beat up the player due to the player's attitude. As he entered the player's cell he is required to kill the terrorist and run quickly to an M4A1, Desert Eagle, and an XM1014 located on a table and kill the other guarding terrorist, he then continues through the mines
The player makes his way to an area with 3 abandoned shacks, and 2 of the shacks located the last 2 pilots. The player kills every terrorist inside the shacks and rescues the hostages, but one last wave of terrorists appear and the player is required to eliminate all. After eliminating last of the terrorists, the Alpha 1 helicopter arrives and rescues the pilots
- Search for survivors of helicopter crash.
- Proceed ahead into mining facility.
- Move on and locate pilots.
- Find way to escape from prison cell.
- Escort hostages to rescue zone.
|Germany GSG-9 is sent to rescue any survivors of the plane crash.|
|Guerrilla Warfare has taken the pilots as hostages. They keep the hostages in the nearby mine.|
Weapons & Equipment
|WEAPON / EQUIPMENT||AMMO / AMOUNT|
|Clarion 5.56||25 / 90 (ammo found rarely)|
|P228 Compact||13 / 52 (ammo found rarely)|
|WEAPON / EQUIPMENT||AMMO / AMOUNT||WHERE TO FIND|
|Krieg 552||30/60 (ammo found rarely)||Found at a crate next to where the player needs to turn the lever to raise the mining cart out of the way.|
|M4A1||30/0 (ammo found rarely)||Found in a room after the player uses the first RC Bomb to blow up the blocking wall.|
|XM1014||7/32 (ammo found rarely)||Found in the same room where an M4A1, HE Grenade, Smoke Grenade, and a Kevlar is found.|
|Schmidt Scout||(ammo found rarely)||In the crashed airplane, shortly after the beginning ambush.|
|P90||50/50 (ammo found rarely)||In a pipe sewage system, after the player burns a lock on a door leading to it and also blows up an RC Bomb to get into the system.|
|HE Grenade 1 (only one found)||Found in the same room where an M4A1, XM1014, Smoke Grenade, and Kevlar is also found.|
|Smoke Grenade 1 (only one found)||Found in the same room where an M4A1, XM1014, HE Grenade, and Kevlar is also found.|
|Kevlar 1 (only one found)||Found in the same room where an M4A1, XM1014, HE Grenade, and a Smoke Grenade is also found.|
|RC Bomb 5||Found in a shelf of the room after the player needs to turn a wheel for unlocking a door leading to it.|
|Blowtorch 1||Found on the same shelf where the 5 RC Bombs are found.|
The Germany GSG-9 operatives are seen to use:
The Guerrilla Warfare members are seen to use:
- Four individual maps are used in this map.
- The introduction music for this mission is also used as the main menu music in Condition Zero.
- There are several land mines buried in this map, causing instant death if stepped upon.
- The 5.56 NATO ammunition in the mission is shared with 3 guns: FAMAS, M4A1, and the SG 552.
- This is the only mission in which the cockpit of a helicopter can be seen.
- In the tool closet outside the room where the player is gassed, if the player presses use key on the chainsaw, an audio clip of Ash Williams saying "Groovy" from Evil Dead II will play.
- Although it is not usable in this mission, a D3/AU-1 can be seen in the helicopter.
- Unlike other Counter-Strike games, the FAMAS featured in this mission has "no recoil and 3 shots will fire simultaneously and hit the same spot" when in 3-round burst mode. This mission is also the only mission to have access to this weapon.
- The Condition Zero map, Downed, is based on this mission.
- In this mission, teammates can follow the player and engage enemies at close range, but only after the player escaped from the part where the player was captured.
- When rescuing a hostage, try to not place one in front of the officer because he is immobile when he breaks a door down. Even if the hostage is placed in the rescue zone, the hostage will not disappear and can be still killed (unlike in multiplayer versions of the Counter-Strike).
- There are two terrorists in the mission wearing the urban uniforms.
- The urban uniform terrorists seem to have more health than other terrorists wearing the jungle uniform. To make it difficult, two of them equiped M60 and AK47..
- There is an easter egg located inside the building, specifically where an enemy is camping behind a broken wall segment. After entering the hole, a photo can be seen on the inner wall of a man holding a lopsided turret from the portal series with the caption "a very bad man".
- This is the only mission in which the German GSG9 is wearing the woodland uniform.
- The player must protect the pilots and fellow comrades carefully. If the hostages are killed or Counter-Terrorist teammates are killed, the mission will fail.
- This is one of two missions that player will be captured and removed all of his equipment. The other being Rise Hard.
- There is one enemy that's using a LAW. He is positioned outside of the entrance to the mines.