|Creator(s)|| David Johnston (original author)|
Ritual Entertainment (CSX, CSCZ)
Turtle Rock Studios (CSX, CSCZ)
Valve Corporation (CSS, CSGO)
Hidden Path Entertainment (CSGO)
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|Counter-Terrorists|| SEAL Team 6 (CSX)|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike 1.1|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
- For more strategical information, see Dust2/Guide.
The Counter-Terrorists have two objectives: to prevent the Terrorists from planting the C-4 at either of the two chemical weapon stashes (Bombsites A or B), or to defuse the bomb after the Terrorists plant. The map appears to be based in the Middle East, similar to its predecessor Dust. Dust2 is arguably the most popular and played Counter-Strike map and perhaps the iconic map of the franchise.
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent Terrorists from bombing chemical weapon crates. Team members must defuse any bombs that threaten targeted areas.
Other Notes: There are 2 chemical weapon stashes in the mission.
While David Johnston's Cobble was considered by some as a spiritual successor to the original Dust, he wanted to create a true "sequel". During alpha and beta stages, the map was titled Dust 3 "on the basis that the third installment of any movie trilogy is typically never as good as the first one". Before launch, however, Jess Cliffe advised DaveJ to change the map's name to a far more sensible Dust 2.
It was included as an official map with the Counter-Strike 1.1 patch.
Counter-Strike: Source Edit
Like other maps, Dust2 received a graphical update and is very similar to Dust.
Some changes includes adding an additional set of doors at the side and making the large crate in the middle more easy to jump on at ground level.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Edit
Textural improvements are noticeable, such as making the floor textures into concrete.
In an update, the wooden doors were replaced with metal ones, that are much harder to penetrate.
| Dust2 Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on the DE_Dust2 map.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Dust2 Map Veteran|
Win 100 rounds on Dust2.
- At bombsite A in Counter-Strike, you can find graffiti saying "Goose". This is a reference to Minh Le "Gooseman", the co-creator of Counter-Strike.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6, there are two hidden messages in the map. In the Counter-Terrorist Spawn Zone, there is a note from Dave Johnston who thanks everyone in the making of Dust2. Elsewhere, there is another message that dedicates this map for Justin DeJong.
- In CS: Source, there is a text on the wall in Bombsite B in Persian which says "فریمن اینجا بود". It means "Freeman was here" as a reference to Gordon Freeman, the main protagonist of the Half-Life series.
- Dust2 is the most popular map in the Counter-Strike series and can be considered the most popular and iconic bomb defusal map ever created. It is chosen by many Counter-Strike tournaments as well.
- In CS:GO both bombsite A and B have boxes typed on it "الفواكه" (al-fawakih) which means fruit in Arabic.
- There is also "سي اس سوس", pronounced as "Si As Sos", identical to the pronunciation of "CS: Source".
- Main article: Dust2/Gallery