The Counter-Terrorists have two objectives; to prevent the Terrorists from planting the C-4 at either one of the two chemical weapon stashes (Bombsites A or B), or to defuse the bomb. The map appears to be based in the Middle East, similar to its predessor Dust. So far, Dust2 is the most popular and played Counter-Strike map and is perhaps the iconic map of the franchise.
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent Terrorists from bombing chemical weapon crates. Team members must defuse any bombs that threaten targeted areas.
Other Notes: There are 2 chemical weapon stashes in the mission.
Tips and tricksEdit
- Main article: Dust2/Tips and tricks
- Always jump or throw a smoke grenade when moving through or past the middle double doors and the Terrorist Spawn Zone. Snipers are commonly there, waiting for prey.
- Always walk when in the tunnel, as the enemies will not detect you with ease.
- Rushing from the sides is excellent, with flashbangs and HE grenades.
- At bombsite A, you can find graffiti saying "Goose". This is a reference to Minh Le "Gooseman", the co-creator of Counter-Strike.
- Dust2 is the most popular map in the Counter-Strike series and could be considered the most popular bomb defusal map ever created. It is chosen by many CS tournaments as well.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6, there are two hidden messages in the map. In the CT Spawn Zone, there is a note from Dave Johnston who thanks everyone in the making of Dust2. Elsewhere, there is another message that dedicates this map for Justin Dejong.
- Main article: Dust2/Gallery