- "Highly accurate and armor-piercing, the pricy Five-Seven is a slow-loader that compensates with a generous 20-round magazine and forgiving recoil."
- ―Official description
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)|
The Five-SeveN is a weak semi-automatic pistol originally available only to the Counter-Terrorists. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it was available to both Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists up until an updatewhich restricts its sale to Counter-Terrorists only again. It is expensive, even though it doesn't do very much damage. Its advantages are armor piercing, high rate of fire and accuracy, and 20 round magazine. Despite these facts, the Five-seven is one of the least popular pistols in Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source, but gained popularity with the release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, since it does more damage unlike in the previous games. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive it costs $500 instead of $750. The Five-Seven in early Counter-Strike games has a movement speed of 250 units per second, meaning they don't suffer any speed reduction, however, in Global Offensive the speed has been reduced to 240 units per second.
CS, CZ and CS:S damage values
|Chest & Arm||24||18|
CS:GO damage values
|Chest & Arm||31||28|
The Five-seven is a light weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction. The Five-seveN is one of the many weapons able to shoot underwater.
- Large magazine size (20 rounds)
- Good accuracy
- Low recoil and spread
- Effective against Kevlar wearers compared to most other pistols as it uses armor piercing rounds.
- In CS:GO, it can kill a player with a single headshot even if they're equipped with a Helmet, like the Desert Eagle.
- Good damage in CS:GO
- Shots fired are fairly quiet
- Low damage in all CS games prior to CS:GO
- Quite expensive, especially for its low damage ($750) (excluding CS:GO)
- Long reload time compared to other pistols, except in CS:GO
- Not very accurate at longer ranges in CS:GO
- The limited capabilites of this pistol are comparable with the Glock as these weapons are not always highly favored like other high-end pistols it is supposed to outperform.
- The Five-Seven is exclusive to Counter-Terrorists
- You can double tap with this pistol. Using this technique to score headshots will give you easy kills.
- Since most players use armor, this weapon can be used to an advantage because its ammunition is less affected by Kevlar than most of the other pistols.
- At short range, crouch and aim for the head. If the enemy has full health without a helmet, it will require another shot to any part of the body. If they have a helmet, 2-3 more shots may be needed.
- Crouching with this weapon can improve accuracy drastically, even while shooting fast at a long range.
- Spraying may work if your opponents are not very skilled or are distracted.
- It is recommended to try and get around enemies without alerting them with the Five-Seven rather than fighting them head on.
- The Five-SeveN is often used in conjunction with the Tactical Shield by some bots.
- In the pistol round, the Five-SeveN is actually a good sidearm to wield as users can engage enemies at longer ranges without sacrificing accuracy.
- In Source, this pistol is more accurate so spraying bullets at long range is extremely effective. Aim for the head and see the deadly results.
- In CS:GO, the Five-Seven now inflicts more damage but has higher spread, so fast shooting is no longer recommended.
- Use any fully-automatic weapon or long range weapon.
- Try to engage users at longer ranges. The Five-SeveN does not inflict sufficient amounts of damage in earlier games and it has lower accuracy in CS:GO.
- Larger caliber pistols, such as the Desert Eagle, can kill a Five-Seven user easily.
| ES Five-Seven Expert|
Kill 100 enemy players with the ES Five-Seven.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Five-SeveN Expert|
Kill 25 enemies with the Five-SeveN.
- This weapon has almost the exact same rate of fire as the P228. Moreover, the kill icon looks similar to the P228, thus confusing many new players.
- If the Five-Seven and P90 are both equipped at once, they will draw from one pool of 100 rounds due to sharing cartridges. It is the SS190 5.7x28mm cartridge gives Five-seveN armor-piercing capability.
- In all Counter-Strike versions prior to CS:GO, it is one of only two guns that will not get an instant kill from a headshot at close quarters, the other being the Glock. This is highly unrealistic, as the 5.7 ammunition the Five-seveN uses can pierce through armor. This was probably implemented for balancing purposes.
- The Five-seveN is more accurate and slightly more powerful in Deleted Scenes.
- Until Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Five-Seven was the least altered handgun in the CS series. In other words, the design of the weapon has remained the same for the longest time.
- However, the firing sounds have changed continuously for every newly released Counter-Strike game.
- Unlike previous Counter-Strike games, Five-Seven is one of the most used handguns in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- The Five-seveN in Global Offensive has the same draw and reload animations as the P2000, P250, and the Glock-18
- Main article: Five-SeveN/Gallery
- FN Five-seven at Wikipedia