- "Highly accurate and armor-piercing, the pricy Five-Seven is a slow-loader that compensates with a generous 20-round magazine and forgiving recoil."
- ―Official description
20 + 100
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)|
The Five-SeveN is a weak semi-automatic pistol originally available only to the Counter-Terrorists. In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it was available to both Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists up until an update which restricts its sale to the Counter-Terrorists only again.
It is expensive, even though it doesn't do very much damage. Its advantages are armor piercing, high rate of fire and accuracy, and has a 20 round magazine. Despite these facts, the Five-seven is one of the least popular pistols in Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source, but gained popularity with the release of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, since it does more damage unlike in the previous games and much cheaper.
CS, CZ and CS:S damage valuesEdit
|Chest & Arm||24||18|
CS:GO damage valuesEdit
|Chest & Arm||31||28|
The Five-Seven in early Counter-Strike games has a movement speed of 250 units per second, meaning they don't suffer any speed reduction. However, in Global Offensive, the speed has been reduced to 240 units per second.
- Large magazine size (20 rounds)
- Good accuracy
- Low recoil and spread
- Effective against Kevlar wearers compared to most other pistols as it uses armor piercing rounds.
- In CS:GO, it can kill a player with a single headshot even if they're equipped with a Helmet, like the Desert Eagle.
- Good damage in CS:GO
- Shots fired are fairly quiet
- Low damage in all CS games prior to CS:GO
- Quite expensive, especially for its low damage ($750) (excluding CS:GO)
- Long reload time compared to other pistols, except in CS:GO
- Not very accurate at longer ranges in CS:GO
- The limited capabilities of this pistol are comparable with the Glock as these weapons are not always highly favored like other high-end pistols it is supposed to outperform.
- The Five-Seven is exclusive to Counter-Terrorists.
- You can double tap with this pistol. Using this technique to score headshots will give you easy kills.
- Since most players use armor, this weapon can be used to an advantage because its ammunition is less affected by Kevlar than most of the other pistols.
- At short range, crouch and aim for the head. If the enemy has full health without a helmet, it will require another shot to any part of the body. If they have a helmet, 2-3 more shots may be needed.
- Crouching with this weapon can improve accuracy drastically, even while shooting fast at a long range.
- Spraying may work if your opponents are not very skilled or are distracted.
- It is recommended to try and get around enemies without alerting them with the Five-Seven rather than fighting them head on.
- The Five-SeveN is often used in conjunction with the Tactical Shield by some bots.
- In the pistol round, the Five-SeveN is actually a good sidearm to wield as users can engage enemies at longer ranges without sacrificing accuracy.
- In Source, this pistol is more accurate so spraying bullets at long range is extremely effective. Aim for the head and see the deadly results.
- In CS:GO, the Five-Seven now inflicts more damage but with wider spread, spraying is not recommended.
- Use any fully-automatic weapon or long range weapon.
- Try to engage users at longer ranges. The Five-SeveN does not inflict sufficient amounts of damage in earlier games and it has lower accuracy in CS:GO.
- Larger caliber pistols, such as the Desert Eagle, can kill a Five-Seven user easily.
- In Source, the Duel Berettas can be used to counter Five-seveN users.
Comparison to Dual BerettasEdit
- Higher accuracy
- Lower spread
- Higher damage in CS:GO
- Cheaper ($750 vs $800 (CS,CSS)) ($500 vs $700 (GO))
- Shorter reload time (3.3 sec (CS,CSS) and 2.5 sec (GO) vs 3.8 seconds)
- Shots fired are much quieter than the Dual Berettas
- Same movement speed (250 unit per second. 240 in CS:GO)
- Can be purchased by both teams in CS:GO
- Lower damage prior to CS:GO
- Lower rate of fire when fired fast as possible (400 rpm vs 750 rpm) (single pistol vs dual pistols)
- Smaller magazine capacity (20 rounds vs 30 rounds)
- More ammo cost ($50 vs $20)
- Less ammo capacity in reserve (100 rounds vs 120 rounds)
- Exclusive to Counter-Terrorists (except in CS:GO)
| ES Five-Seven Expert|
Kill 100 enemy players with the ES Five-Seven.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Five-SeveN Expert|
Kill 25 enemies with the Five-SeveN.
- This pistol has a very high rate of fire, which is equal to Glock 18, P228 and Dual Elites.
- If the Five-Seven and P90 are both equipped at once, they will draw from one pool of 100 rounds due to sharing cartridges. It is the SS190 5.7×28 mm cartridge gives Five-seveN armor-piercing capability.
- In all Counter-Strike versions prior to CS:GO, it is one of only two guns that will not get an instant kill from a headshot at close quarters, the other being the Glock. This is highly unrealistic, as the 5.7 ammunition the Five-seveN uses can pierce through armor. This was probably implemented for balancing purposes.
- The Five-seveN is more accurate and slightly more powerful in Deleted Scenes.
- Until Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Five-Seven was the least altered handgun in the CS series. In other words, the design of the weapon has remained the same for the longest time.
- However, the firing sounds have changed continuously for every newly released Counter-Strike game.
- Unlike previous Counter-Strike games, Five-Seven is one of the most used handguns in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- The Five-seveN in Global Offensive has the same draw and reload animations as the P2000, P250 and the Glock-18.
- Main article: Five-SeveN/Gallery
- FN Five-seven at Wikipedia