Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
“We must drive them from our lands!”
Middle-Eastern fundamentalists based on world domination and other evil deeds.
Strategy Guide Description
Origin: Somewhere in the Middle East.
Focus: A fundamentalist Terrorist organization whose members believe that their evil plans will allow them to take over the world. Has carried out Terrorist attacks in more than 20 countries, killing more than 2,000 people. Targets have included the United States, the United Kingdom, France, and Israel. Major attacks included the 1989 hijacking of Fly Friendly Airlines Flight 983, whose pilot was executed on national television, and an attack on a Greek luxury cruise ship in which they killed all on board by poisoning the water supply.
Strength: Several hundred members, spread throughout the world. Political support from Libya and Syria and, since 1987, training, logistic assistance, and financial aid.
In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Elite Crew now wear a larger variety of outfits including beige shirts, brick red shirts, and blue jeans. They also wear a variety of Middle Eastern headwear and sunglasses.
Their hand model features tan bare arms with black leather fingerless gloves.
The bots that use this model are:
The Elite Crew can be found in 4 missions:
- The original Elite Crew model from Counter-Strike 1.6 is a reskin of Gordon Freeman's model from Half-Life.
- 1337 Krew is a leetspeak version of Elite Crew.
- Prior to Condition Zero, the Elite Crew in the faction selection menu was named "1337 Krew".
- The file name for this faction is "leet".
- The original name of this faction was "Durah Cell" according to a user manual found in the game files, but was later renamed to Elite Crew.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Deleted Scenes, the members of this faction speak Arabic.
- The Elite Crew was the first Terrorist faction available in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, two model variants of Elite Crew have a Marlboro cigarette pack in their shirt pocket.
- Currently, they have unused quotes mentioning hostages.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, if a player uses a flashlight and shines the light on an Elite Crew member's face, one can see his eyes behind the sunglasses.
- The Elite Crew were likely inspired by the various Jihadist extremists and Sunni militant groups in the Middle East, such as the Taliban, al-Qaeda, and ISIL.
- The Elite Crew is frequently used by professional gamers due to it having a small head and a slim body that make it a hard target.
- ↑ Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 41. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3