It can only be used in fiber optic camera zones. Most of the time, it shares the same area with the stealth zone, thus allowing the player to monitor a specific area without the risk of being spotted by enemies.
- Once you reach a fiber optic camera zone, the fiber optic camera zone icon will appear. Select your fiber optic camera, then press your primary fire (MOUSE 1 by default) to view the area without being noticed by the enemy. You can press the primary fire again to stop viewing the area.
- While viewing with the camera you can press your secondary fire (MOUSE 2 by default) to zoom in. Press your secondary fire again to zoom out.
- In the Counter-Terrorist Training Center, it is used to demonstrate how the device works and eventually, to bypass an enemy.
- In the mission Lost Cause, it used to locate the German hostages.
- In the mission Building Recon, it used to see a area of terrorist without being spotted, allowing the player having chance to enter a area without being spotted.
- In the mission Miami Heat, it used to locate see the terrorist who is guarding the hallway so the player will have to wait until a chance are given to run to point to another point.
- The database file name for this weapon is focamera.
- The room that Fiber optic camera surveys sometimes does not exist on the map, such as crew quarters in Building Recon.
- On the upper right of this equipment model, the words "Ritual Entertainment" can be seen.
- The screen appears to have the Windows 98 theme
- If one is to somehow utilize this device to take a look on himself in-game, the player model cannot be seen. This is either because the player model is invisible at all times (even in third-person view) or the developers never bothered to create a proper model as it was never meant to be seen.
- Main Article: Fiber optic camera/Gallery
- Fiber optic camera (fiberscope) at Wikipedia