The flare is a piece of equipment cut from Counter-Strike. The only hint of its possible appearance are two HUD icons and a kill icon representing it.
- Similarly to its real life counterpart, it was probably meant to be used for signaling or providing light in an area.
- The presence of a kill icon indicates that the flare would damage anyone that passes near it or on it.
- It is unknown what faction was to use this device although it could have been likely that both Terrorists and Counter-Terrorists could purchase the Flare.
- The flare was also cut from Half-Life, although it was used in the Half-Life 2 games.
- In lots of zombie mods, the smoke grenade is used as a flare.