Final Option (de_foption) was an official bomb defusal map in the Counter-Strike beta. It was created by Poor Yurik of the CS Team, who also created cs_zoption and cs_ship. The setting of the map took place in a nuclear missile silo in which the Terrorists were attempting to destroy the compound while the Counter-Terrorists must prevent the terrorists from achieving their goal. Unlike other maps, Foption contains three bombsites which may have led the Valve developers to create "Bombsite C" until its eventual removal.
The map is slightly unbalanced because, depending on which team has better weapons, higher skill, and their rushing abilites, the terrorists or counter-terrorists would gain the upper hand for that round. Furthermore, the terrorists were at a major disadvantage since they only had 2 routes from their spawn area to take in which they could easily be overrun by the CTs.
Counter-Terrorists: Prevent the Terrorists from bombing critical areas of the Silo 15 as they attempt to disable or destroy the complex.
Terrorists: Destroy one of the 3 vital components of the silo.
There are 3 bomb points in this mission:
1) The Titan Nuclear ICBM
2) The Communication Center
3) The power/fuel/ventilation Core
Since your team spawns at the Communication Center, assign at least 2 team members (depending on the amount of avaliable players) to that bombsite and head to the other 2 bombsites. Note that the other bomb site (The Titan Nuclear ICBM) is quite close to where the terrorists spawn so be quick in your movements. Watch out for potential ambushes and check every corner for any hiding terrorists. To be sure, throw a flashbang to flush out any terrorists as a precaution.
Do not stay in your spawn zone as the CTs are quickly approaching your team. If you do see them, especially a large group of Counter-Terrorists, immediately find cover and/or retreat. You should also expect a large gunbattle between the two groups that may lead to the sharp decline of players. If you are holding the bomb or if a player with the bomb survives or does not encounter the CTs, head over to the bombsite where the ICBM is located. Be warned, however, that a few CTs may be hiding there and are waiting to greet you with an ambush. If you do suspect this, throw an HE grenade or a flashbang to kill, hurt, or disorientate your enemies and thus allowing you and your team members to plant the C-4 bomb.
- Foption is a combination of the words Final Option. The map developers probably did this since de maps never contain two words.
- It appears that the Spawn Zone of the Counter-Terrorists is located in a communications center while the Spawn Zone of the Terrorists is at the emergency exit of the silo.
- The ladder in the Terrorist spawn zone that heads up to the surface cannot be climbed.
- The Terrorist spawn zonie is brushed exactly like Vault 15 in the first Fallout game.
- Foption shares similarities with its predecessor cs_zoption, For example, the spawn zones for both teams are exactly opposite of each other.