|Magazine capacity||35 / 90|
|Rate of fire||666 RPM|
|Weight (loaded)||3.30 kilograms|
|Muzzle velocity||2788 feet/second|
|Reload time||3.0 seconds|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|215 / 250 (14%)|
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||20 / 26 (76%)|
|Accurate Range||16 m|
“A less expensive option among the terrorist-exclusive assault rifles, the Galil AR is a serviceable weapon in medium to long-range combat.”
- For the Galil AR's predecessor, see IDF Defender.
The Galil AR is an Israeli assault rifle manufactured by Israel Weapon Industries, or better known by its initials, IWI. Although the rifle has been around since 1972, the in-game depiction is modeled after the Galil ACE, specifically the ACE 22, an improved variant produced since 2008.
In game, the Galil costs $2000 and has high recoil while firing full-auto. This weapon fires 5.56 NATO rounds and holds 35 rounds in its magazine.
|Chest & Arm||30||23|
|Red signifies a fatal hit.|
- High rate of fire
- Cheap for an assault rifle ($2000)
- Large magazine size for an assault rifle (35)
- Good penetration power
- Manageable recoil
- Headshots do not grant an instant kill on targets with full health and armor
- Low accuracy at long range
- Medium recoil
- For close quarter combat and at medium ranges, fire full-auto, preferable at the chest of a target.
- At longer ranges, burst-fire for maximum efficiency while strafing to avoid damage.
- This weapon is a poor choice against enemy snipers. Avoid common sniper spots whenever possible.
- Avoid strafing and spraying bullets with this weapon, due to the high spread. Moreover, players with lighter and more accurate weapons can "out-strafe" users.
- If you have to spray bullets, be sure that you are in close range with your target. Also, move down your mouse to counter the recoil.
- It is a great weapon for economy rounds and a purchase following the loss of a pistol round.
- Do not engage in close proximity with users! The Galil AR has a high rate of fire and this can be used to a user's advantage.
- It is more recommended to fight enemies armed with this rifle at longer ranges. If they are burst-firing this weapon, do not stop moving and move the opposite of where the enemy is aiming/firing at you.
- If a Galil user is camping in a confined space, use grenades, such as a flashbang to disorientate him. Avoid using HE grenades if he is camping near a hostage.
- If you strike an enemy wielder in with sufficient backup, spread out to discourage him in spraying bullets.
- More powerful and/or accurate weaponry is recommended to fight against users. For example, the FAMAS is more accurate (and even has a burst-fire option). Another example is the AUG which excels in accuracy, inflicts slightly higher damage, and has a scope.
- If a user is spraying bullets, it is possible to overpower that enemy player with a shotgun (at close range) or a weapon with higher accuracy.
- The Galil AR user has fairly low mobility, which can be used to your advantage.
- In the alpha version of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the Galil AR had a gun sight attachment on the rifle's handguard. It was able to zoom in like the AUG and the SG 553. This attachment was later removed to balance out with its CT counterpart, the FAMAS.
- The IDF Defender, an older predecessor, weighs slightly more (215 vs 210) than the Galil AR, like in real life.
- Despite the Galil AR being an Israeli weapon that is commonly used by the IDF in real-life, the IDF members in-game cannot purchase this weapon. This is similar to the Spetsnaz being unable to purchase the AK-47 in Condition Zero.
- In the early stages of development, the bolt-pull sounds were not properly synced with the animations.
- Similar to the G3SG1 from older games, if a person views the reload sequence of the Galil AR from the "classic" view model position, the magazine appears to be taken out and simply placed back into the rifle.
- The Galil AR is based on the Galil ACE 22, the short barrel version of the IWI Galil ACE series, but uses the name of the Galil AR.
- ↑ Counter-Strike Global Offensive: America vs. Europe (at 35:03) on Youtube
- ↑ http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive#IWI_Galil_ACE_22
- Galil ACE at Wikipedia.