|Usage||Spraying a decal over a solid surface (Hold T, then press the Primary Fire)|
Graffiti is a feature added in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's October 6, 2016 update. It reintroduces Sprays (as they were previously unavailable in the game) under a new name and with significant changes.
Varieties & Acquisition
Graffiti, like weapon skins, have their own rarity. Two variants exist for graffiti:
- Monochrome patterns are, as the name indicates, black and white sprays, and are acquired through level up drops.
- Multi-colored patterns can only be acquired by purchasing a graffiti box.
- Like their Spray predecessors, Graffiti can be applied on any solid (map) surface. The use differs as it requires the player to hold the spray key (T by default). This will activate the spraying mode in which a preview of the Graffiti will be displayed. The player can then press the Primary Fire key once satisfied. The Graffiti will fade in at the marked location and the player will exit the spraying mode.
- If the player has more than one type of Graffiti in their inventory, then all other graffiti will be shown on the player's HUD. Pressing Secondary Fire key will allow the player to select a desired graffiti.
- Graffiti have limited usage, being restricted to 50 uses per item.
- Players can apply one graffiti per round or one graffiti every 45 seconds, depending on which is shorter. Getting a kill in a round-based game mode (e.g. Bomb Scenario) will allow the player to apply one more graffiti.You can apply graffiti regardless of cooldown once the round is over during the round restart delay period which is 7 seconds in Valve competitive mode.
- Only sealed graffiti can be traded between players through Steam or the Steam Market. Graffiti can only be used after unsealing them.
Bugs & Exploits
- Graffiti can be sprayed on transparent surfaces, though they will only appear on one side of said surface.
- This exploit allows some players to be able to hide behind said Graffiti without any visual obstruction, thus giving them the advantage over unsuspecting players.
Behind the Scenes
- "Graffiti" were first referred to in the May 31, 2016 update within the game files, four months before their official release.
- Some graffiti are recycled from spray designs from earlier games, and some of which are renamed:
- "Smiley" - "Still Happy"
- "8ball1" - "8-Ball"
Available Graffiti Boxes
- If you inspect your graffiti long enough it'll disappear in inspect window.
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Graffiti on Steam Support