Equipment or Gear is a special class of in-game items, generally referring to all in-game items that are not weapons.
In most Counter-Strike games, equipment generally refers to a collective of the following objects:
- Grenades such as the HE Grenade
- All items in the equipment section of the buy menu such as the Kevlar + Helmet
- Other non-weapon equipments that the player is equipped with such as the nightvision goggles
- The objective equipment C4.
In Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, equipment also refers to mission required items such as the Radio and the Nuclear weapon and items spawned inside missions such as the Wall attached medkit.
Static map elements and props that affect gameplay in an interactive way are also sometimes considered equipments, despite not being "equipped" in a traditional sense. These are included under the Equipment category for ease of categorization.
Players may hold a maximum of four grenades in Global Offensive. Players will automatically switch to their primary weapon after throwing a grenade. If a primary weapon is not available, then they will switch to their secondary weapon. If both are not available, then they will switch to their knife.
In Global Offensive, the player's most recently selected grenade will be dropped when they are killed. If they have never selected one, then the most expensive grenade will be dropped when they are killed.
Equipment Buy Menu
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes Equipment
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Exclusive Equipment
Gear Buy Menu
- C4 (Terrorist in defusal maps only)
- Silencer (KM.45 Tactical, USP-S, M4A1, M4A1-S only)
- Flashlight (Displayed on top right screen), default equipment.
- Security camera