A terrorist faction founded in the Middle East, this group has a reputation for ruthlessness. Their disgust for the American lifestyle was demonstrated in their 1982 bombing of a school bus full of Rock and Roll musicians.
Strategy Guide Description
Origin: A Terrorist faction founded in the Middle East, Guerilla Warfare has a reputation for ruthlessness. Its members' distaste for the American lifestyle was demonstrated in their 1982 bombing of a school bus full of rock n' roll musicians.
Focus: The Guerilla Warfare is the largest and best equipped Terrorist organization in the world. Established in 1968 as the military wing of the Reza Military Regime, its primary focus is to destroy free enterprise and capitalism–thus its obvious disdain for the United States. The Guerilla Warfare is also believed responsible for bombing eight shopping malls in the Midwest and sabotaging two football stadiums.
Strength: Approximately 1,500 to 2,000 armed members and a larger number of supporters, mostly in rural areas. Has been known to receive financial aid from Syria and Libya.
The Guerilla Warfare wears a red band; a Kevlar vest; military fatigues, boots, and gloves.
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
The bots that use this model are:
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes
The Guerilla Warfare appear in 4 missions:
- This model has been included since BETA 6.5 from August 8, 2000.
- They're used primarily in jungle-themed maps due to their green and brown clothes.
- The game file name for this model is guerilla.
- In Deleted Scenes, the members of this faction speak Spanish. In the beginning of 'Turn of the Crank', they speak to the player in English and during Downed Pilot, Guerilla Warfare guards speak to the imprisoned player in German (which makes sense since the player is a GSG-9 operative)
- In their official description, the Guerilla Warfare are described as a Anti-American group from the Middle-East. However, they are a completely different faction in the Deleted Scenes' storyline with a different set of motives, originating from either South America or Mexico and operating as a cartel.
- From their appearance in the beta till Counter-Strike: Source, the Guerilla Warfare have changed very little compared to other factions. Their clothing and overall body has relatively stayed the same.
- The Guerilla Warfare is commonly misspelled "Guerrilla" Warfare.
- Concept art for this faction exists during Global Offensive development.
- Their appearance appears to be based off of a "Rambo" look (red bandanna, camouflage trousers, combat boots, the selection icon carrying the M249, etc.), therefore often being used to portray him in Machinimas.
- Guerrilla warfare is described as "a form of irregular warfare in which a small group of combatants such as paramilitary personnel, armed civilians, or irregulars use military tactics to fight a larger and less-mobile traditional military"
- The beta name for this faction is Gorilla Warface back in Counter-Strike beta. For some reason, the beta model is not deleted from the game files, unlike other factions.
- ↑ Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 43. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3