|Deleted Scenes Mission|
|Previous Mission||Downed Pilot|
|Next Mission||Turn of the Crank|
Urban renewal project site,
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||Japanese Kidotai|
|Overview||The safety of this VIP is vital. His tour of a new Tokyo development will facilitate revitalization of this region. Hostile forces have threatened to assassinate him..|
|Main objectives||Protect the VIP. |
Eliminate all would-be assassins.
In Hankagai, the player must escort a Japanese official, Mr. Yoshida, who is inspecting a troubled city in Japan. Predictably, his visit incurs the wrath of some local Terrorists, who begin an attack on the city. The player is ordered to cover the official's escape, then go back on the offensive to eliminate the Terrorists. At the end, the Terrorist leader takes a schoolgirl hostage, forcing the player to shoot carefully. Friendly Kidotai will assist the player during briefing and supporting during the beginning of the mission and by radio near the end of the mission.
- Stay alert for trouble.
- Take out hostiles while VIP is escorted to safety.
- Meet up with VIP protection team.
- Check alley for hostiles.
- Protect the VIP.
- Go after the gang leader.
- Rescue the hostage.
Weapons & Equipments
There are several weapons and equipments available for the player:
|Steyr AUG||30 / 90|
|USP .45||12 / 100|
The additional weapons are hardly discovered in this mission. The weapons are:
|Icon||Weapon||Ammo/Amount||Where to Found|
|UMP .45||25 / 100||Secretly found beyond the locked door near a vending machine. To open the door, one must shoot the top right of waterfall near a Buddha statue. And it should become unlocked.|
|FN P90||50 / 100||Found beyond the cracked wall that leads many boxes, the room is before the dumpster part.|
|M3||8 / 32||Found at the side of the plant, shortly after encountering a wounded man.|
|G3/SG-1||20 / 90||Found at the inside of the window where the enemy sniper stood in that position|
|Smoke Grenade||1||Found at the inside of the window where the enemy sniper stood in that position|
There are rarely found ammunition in this mission. The ammunition are:
- 5.56×45mm - four small magazines and two large magazines for the AUG. Players can get additional ammo from one of their teammates.
- 5.7x28mm - two small magazines and one large magazine for the P90.
- .45 ACP - two small magazines for the USP and UMP.
- 9x19mm - one small magazine. However, there are no Glock, TMP, MP5, or Elites in this mission.
- Medkit - two medkits can be discovered in this mission and three extra ones can be received by pressing the "USE" key on a male civilian who is encountered after opening a garage door. One is located at an unreachable area which is the alley near Mr. Yoshida's position.
- Wall attached medkit - three wall attached medkits can be discovered in this mission.
- Three individual maps are used in this mission.
- Five pieces of music were composed for this mission.
- One of Yoshida's guards has a GSG-9 head and it used the low resolution model.
- A poster bearing two fish that resemble the logo for Mr. Sparkle's Fishworks can be seen. It is a reference to the animated series The Simpsons, specifically, the episode "In Marge We Trust".
- After reaching the garage, the gang leader can be shot before the garage door closes, but this will cause the leader to become stuck and he cannot be killed.
- In the beginning, one of the Terrorists is not a member of the Yakuza and will not shoot until one of the Yakuza members start firing.
- The Terrorist armed with the M72 LAW cannot be eliminated until after destroying the skybridge.
- If the player is crushed by the skybridge, the roof will return to its original place.
- There is a hidden UMP-45 and ammo crate near the start of the mission. To unlock the door, one must shoot at the top right of the waterfall near a Buddha statue.
- The player is given all types of ammunition when the fighting starts.
- Only the player has an AUG, while the rest of the team use M4A1 rifles.
- However, in the beginning, several Kidotais are equipped with MP5s.
- This is the only Japanese Kidotai mission which was not cut from the game.
- Also, this is the only mission in which 2 operatives also use armed civilian models.
- If the player is using cheats, it is possible to pass through walls. Also, this is the only mission in which male civilian used armed enemy models. One of them holding an MP5. Once outside the garage area, the male civilian will shoot at the hostages, operatives and the player with a TMP instead of MP5 used during the start of the mission.
- In the beginning of the mission, it is possible for Yoshida's guard to survive if the player acts fast enough.
- Although the gang leader uses an AWP to kill Tanaka, he uses an AK-47 instead of AWP during the final fight.
- At the beginning, the gang leader watches them from the upstairs at the alley while holding the Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun when he gets spotted by the player at the garage, he will escape and then close the door. Sometimes when the player spots a gang leader hiding while holding an MP5 during at the middle of the mission, the leader will yell at the player in Japanese, and then run away.
- If the player takes too long to kill the leader, he will run away and cause the mission to fail.
- If the player also uses the console command to enter the building via noclip at the end of the mission, it will also cause the mission to fail.
- If the player shoots or kills any civilians or CT operatives, it will trigger a mission failure.
- The leader can be killed with 3 well placed headshots with the G3SG1. This is important as the sniper rifle can minimize the chance of accidentally hitting any hostages due to its lower rate of fire but high damage per shot unlike fully automatic weapons, and high accuracy.
- There are two clones of Mr. Yoshida meant for different scripted events. This is evident with the command "noclip".
- The Condition Zero cut map Hankagai is based on this mission.