"Our mission is simple... Take them out."
- This article is about the faction. For the weapon that shares a similar name, see IDF Defender.
The Israel Defense Force (Hebrew: צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל), (Read as "Tzeva Ha'Hagana Le'Israel") was founded on May 31, 1948, shortly after the founding of the State of Israel. The IDF got famous the following year in the Israel Independence War in 1949. They consist of the ground, air, and navy forces. Some other actions the IDF took part in were the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War and both Lebanon Wars.
The IDF commandos wear olive green uniforms with green tactical vests as well as black balaclavas and knee pads. Some models are wearing either a helmet with goggles or a helmet with the famous "Mitznefet", an Israeli helmet cover that is giving the impression of a militarized chef's hat. The purpose of the floppy helmet cover is to break up the distinctive outline of a helmeted head and thus assist in the camouflage of the wearer. The IDF hand model features light green sleeves with a brick red/brown color for the outside of the gloves and the inside featuring the same green color as the sleeves.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
They appear in two maps:
"Our mission is simple. Take them out"
"This is our day."
"We're wasting time! Let's go!"
"~sigh~ Goodbye my friends."
―When bomb is about to detonate
"סחתיין עלייך (Sahtein aliha) / שיחקת אותה (Sihakta ota)"
―IDF "Good job" (referring to a single male person)
"I am not the enemy!"
- There is no official description of the IDF in-game for unknown reasons.
- The IDF were first seen on Dust2 in the first trailer for Global Offensive.
- They were added to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta in the August 10th, 2012 update.
- Judging by their brown-red boots and their weapons, they are most likely an elite special forces unit that specializes in counter-terrorism, the best options being Sayeret Matkal (the equivalent of the British SAS) or Duvdevan (a semi-undercover counter-terror unit that specializes in combating the terror factions in the West Bank).
- That being said, they may also belong to the Paratroopers Brigade's reconnaissance unit.
- Israel Defense Force at Wikipedia