- This article is about the faction. For the weapon that shares a similar name, see IDF Defender.
“Our mission is simple... Take them out.”
They were added to the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta in the August 10th, 2012 update.
The Israel Defense Force (Hebrew: צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל, Tzva Ha'Hagana Ley'Israel) was founded on May 31, 1948, shortly after the founding of the State of Israel. The IDF became famous the following year in the Israel Independence War in 1949. They consist of ground, air, and navy forces. Some other actions the IDF took part in were the Six-Day War, the Yom Kippur War and both Lebanon Wars.
The IDF commandos wear coyote uniforms with green chest rigs and a large olive green rucksack, as well as black balaclavas and knee pads. They either a helmet with goggles or a helmet with the distinctive "Mitznefet", an Israeli helmet cover.
The IDF's default gloves are brown hard knuckle gloves.
- Even though it is a Terrorist weapon in-game, the Galil AR was developed and used by the IDF in real life.
- There seems to be concept art for at least one female version of the IDF. As seen in the gallery, the female operative has no balaclava and has camouflage paint over her face. However, this idea was scrapped later in development.
- The IDF lack an official description in-game, likely due to developer oversight, as an unfinished and unused loading hint can be found in the files saying: "Israel Defense Forces info goes here".
- The IDF were first seen on Dust2 in the first trailer for Global Offensive.
- Judging by their brown-red boots and their weapons, they are most likely an elite special forces unit that specializes in counter-terrorism, the best options being Sayeret Matkal (the equivalent of the British SAS) or Duvdevan (a semi-undercover counter-terror unit that specializes in combating the terror factions in the West Bank).
- That being said, they may also belong to the Paratroopers Brigade's reconnaissance unit.
- Israel Defense Force at Wikipedia