|Usage|| Incinerating enemies|
Expelling snipers or campers
| Movement Speed|
(units per second)
|Entity name|| |
“When thrown, the incendiary grenade releases a high-temperature chemical reaction capable of burning anyone within its wide blast radius.”
The incendiary grenade releases White Phosphorous which burns up to 5000 degrees Fahrenheit. It is used primarily as an area denial weapon, and secondarily to incinerate enemy materials or personnel.
When thrown, the incendiary grenade will emit a flammable liquid capable of burning anybody that walks in it. The flames will injure and incinerate anyone who is within the fire. It can be extinguished by throwing a smoke grenade over it.
When held, the player's movement speed is 245 units per second.
In the PC version of Global Offensive, all grenades can be thrown at three different ranges. Using the primary fire throws the grenade at long range, using the secondary fire bounces the grenade at short range, and using both primary and secondary fire throws the grenade at medium range.
By releasing one mouse button after the other, throws between the regular 3 can be achieved. There are a virtually infinite amount of ways to throw a grenade using this.
Getting hit by a flying grenade in Global Offensive deals a small amount of damage.
- Covers a wide area
- Quick damage rate
- Blocks off choke points
- Excellent area denial
- Placement is essential
- Easily avoidable (if intended targets are far away)
- Can attract attention for many players
- Can hurt the user and his team members, even Hostages!
- Smoke grenades can extinguish the fire
- The fire only lasts for a few seconds
- Most expensive grenade at $600
- Note that tactics with the incendiary grenade are generally similar to the Molotov cocktail.
- Use incendiary grenades to choke points of conflict.
- If close enough, throw the grenade behind the enemy cutting off the chance of retreat.
- Also, when being chased, use this grenade to keep the enemy from closing in.
- The fire's smoke can also be used as cover for snipers, although the effect is not as great as a smoke grenade.
- Additionally throw the grenade to force the enemy out of position.
- Can be used to cover the C4 as a terrorist, or entry points while defusing as a counter-terrorist on defuse maps.
- Whenever faced with an incendiary grenade, avoid the flames unless it is absolutely necessary to pass through them.
- While risky, going through the fire can sometimes surprise an opponent who threw the grenade. However, be aware this can result in severe consequences if several enemies are encountered on the other side of the flames.
- Try to shoot the enemy through the smoke.
- Avoid standing behind the flames as many players will blindly fire through the smoke.
- Take another route; the enemy may be using this as a distraction.
- Camp while the smoke is thick and find a good hiding spot to take out the grenadier by surprise.
- Use a smoke grenade to extinguish the fire.
- Weapon Specialist
| Flame Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Molotov or Incendiary grenade.
Comparison to the Molotov cocktailEdit
- Smaller projectile, making it possible to be thrown through tight gaps in which the Molotov cocktail cannot achieve (or at least without more precise aim)
- Deals more damage to armor.
- Slightly faster deploy time than the Molotov cocktail.
- Same damage to unarmored opponents
- Same damage radius
- Same distance/time until explosion
- Similar bounce trajectory
- Lower armor penetration (73.75% vs 90%)
- Slower weapon switch after deployed
- More expensive ($600 vs $400)
- Somewhat oddly, the Incendiary grenade emits a sound when it releases the flames. However, this is probably implemented to share similar characteristics with the Molotov cocktail and to serve as a warning to players that an incendiary grenade has released flames near their location.
- This attribute hints that the incendiary grenade in-game is made of some sort of flammable liquid, rather than solid white phosphorus, which the majority of incendiary grenade use in real life.
- Counting as the same type of the weapon as Molotov cocktail, the Incendiary grenade does not has its own image on the achievement icon.
- The incendiary grenade is modeled after the AN/M14 incendiary grenade.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Before being introduced at release date, the Molotov cocktail was the incendiary device for both factions.
- Like most grenades, unused impact kill icons in the style of Team Fortress 2 kill icons and Portal stick men figures are found in the game files.
- Like the Molotov cocktail, the regular impact kill icon (identical to the HUD icon) does not appear in-game. Any kills made with incendiary devices through impact will only have both the killer and the victim's names in the feed.
- ↑ http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SnMwffT14BY
- ↑ CS:GO - Fire myths investigated (Feb 27, 2014) on YouTube.com
- ↑ CS:GO - Molotov VS Incendiary Grenade (Feb 26, 2014) on YouTube.com
- Incendiary grenade at Wikipedia