|Usage|| Burning enemies|
| Movement Speed|
(units per second)
|Entity name|| |
“When thrown, the incendiary grenade releases a high-temperature chemical reaction capable of burning anyone within its wide blast radius.”
When thrown, the incendiary grenade will emit a flammable liquid capable of burning anybody that walks in it. The flames will injure anyone who is within the fire. It can be extinguished by throwing a smoke grenade over it.
- Covers a wide area
- Quick damage rate
- Blocks off choke points
- Excellent area denial
- Placement is essential
- Easily avoidable (if intended targets are far away)
- Can attract attention for many players
- Can hurt the user and his team members, even Hostages!
- Smoke grenades can extinguish the fire.
- The fire only lasts for a few seconds, meaning you cannot just throw an Incendiary Grenade at an area and then forget about that area for the remainder of the round.
- Most expensive grenade at $600.
- Note that tactics with the incendiary grenade are similar to the Molotov Cocktail.
- Use incendiary grenades to choke points of conflict.
- If you can get close enough, throw the grenade behind the enemy cutting off the chance of retreat.
- Also, if you are being chased, use this grenade to keep your attacker away from your position, or at least buy you some time to get away.
- You can also use the smoke as cover for snipers, although the effect is not as great as Smoke Grenade.
- If you know where a sniper is hiding, throw the grenade at him to force him to leave his position.
- Like the Terrorists who use the Molotov to cover the C4, Counter-Terrorists can use Incendiary grenade to cover entry points to buy the defuser more time.
- Whenever faced with an incendiary grenade, avoid the flames unless it is absolutely necessary to pass through them (if you are quick, then the damage is non-lethal).
- While risky, going through the fire can sometimes surprise an opponent who threw the grenade
- Try to shoot the enemy through the smoke (if you can see them).
- Avoid standing behind the flames as many players will blindly fire through the smoke.
- Take another route; the enemy may be using this as a distraction.
- Camp while the smoke is thick and find a good hiding spot to take out the grenadier by surprise.
- Use a smoke grenade to extinguish the fire.
- Weapon Specialist
| Flame Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Molotov or Incendiary grenade.
Comparison to the Molotov cocktailEdit
- Smaller projectile, making it possible to be thrown through tight gaps in which the Molotov cocktail cannot achieve (or at least without more precise aim)
- Same damage to unarmored opponents
- Same damage radius
- Same distance/time until explosion
- Similar bounce trajectory
- Lower armor penetration (73.75% vs 90%)
- Slower weapon switch after deployed
- More expensive ($600 vs $400)
Main article: Incendiary grenade/Gallery
- Somewhat oddly, the Incendiary grenade emits a sound when it releases the flames. However, this is probably implemented to share similar characteristics with the Molotov Cocktail and to serve as a warning to players that an incendiary grenade has released flames near their location.
- This attribute hints that the incendiary grenade in-game is made of some sort of flammable liquid, rather than solid white phosphorus, which the majority of incendiary grenade use in real life.
- After the February 5, 2014 update in Global Offensive, all grenades received a secondary fire where the grenade will be bounced for short range throw, as well as a third medium-ranged throw (by holding both primary and secondary fire buttons).
- Incendiary grenade at Wikipedia