When thrown, the incendiary grenade will emit a flammable liquid capable of burning anybody that walks in it. The flames will injure anyone who is within the fire. It can be extinguished by throwing a smoke grenade over it. When held, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction.
Note that tactics with the Incendiary grenade is similar to the Molotov Cocktail.
- Covers a wide area.
- Quick damage rate.
- Slows the target.
In comparison to the Molotov Cocktail
- Faster deployment time
- Can be thrown further
- Placement is essential.
- Easily avoidable (if intended targets are far away).
- Can attract attention for many players
- Can hurt the user and his team members, even Hostages!
- The players can still fire his weapons through the flames.
- Smoke grenades can extinguish the fire.
- More expensive (by $200) compared to the Terrorist exclusive firebomb, the Molotov Cocktail. This means that more Terrorists are likely to use firebombs compared to the CT team.
- Use incendiary grenades to choke points of conflict.
- If you can get close enough throw the grenade behind the enemy cutting off the chance of retreat.
- You can also use the smoke as cover for snipers.
- Whenever faced with an incendiary grenade, avoid the flames unless it is absolutely necessary to pass through them (if you are quick, then the damage is non-lethal).
- Try to shoot the enemy through the smoke (if you can see him).
- Avoid standing behind the flames as many players will blindly fire through the smoke.
- Take another route; the enemy may be using this as a distraction.
- Camp while the smoke is thick and find a good hiding spot to take out the grenadier by surprise.
- Use a smoke grenade to extinguish the fire.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Flame Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Molotov or Incendiary grenade.
- It is very unusual for the Counter-Terrorists to have this type of grenade as military/police forces around the world are unlikely to utilize such a weapon. However, the introduction of the Incendiary Grenade was most likely meant to balance out with the Terrorist exclusive Molotov Cocktail.
- Oddly, the Incendiary grenade emits a sound when it releases the flames. However, this is probably implemented to share similar characteristics with the Molotov Cocktail.