|Counter-Terrorists||SEAL Team 6|
“This large open map features non-linear hostage rescue. Counter-Terrorists choose one of four spawn positions to raid a quaint cottage. Terrorists must prepare for an assault from any angle and guard the hostages closely.”
Insertion takes place in a large, open rural area next to a shore, with a complex of cottages located near the center of the map.
Insertion is unique because when the round starts, the Counter-Terrorists will spawn in a hangar located outside the map. The hangar is divided into four different zones, and each one corresponds to a different insertion area located at four different areas around the map. (A helicopter located in the Hostage rescue zone, two SWAT vans located on two sides of the road, and a boat located near the shore.)
Once the freeze time is over and 10 seconds have passed, players will be transported to these respective locations based on the zone in the hangar they are located at. The buy zone covers the hangar and the four insertion areas, granting players with extra time to buy weapons and equipment.
The Terrorists also have two different starting zones.
Insertion has a very thick layer of fog covering the entire map, possibly for balance to ensure snipers would not be able to overpower enemies due to the unusually large size and openness of the map. However, when playing with bots, they are unaffected by the fog and they can clearly see enemies even at extreme ranges (on expert).
- The map's location is likely Sweden as evidenced by the Swedish text on boxes and signs throughout the map. (e.g. labels on the helicopters in the rescue zone)
- July 23, 2014
- Added fences/fallen trees/cliffs around the map to reduce the ammount of invisible walls.
- Added a small window above the backdoor in the barn.
- Added a big rock next to “SeaRock”.
- Minor gameplay tweaks.
- Optimized the villa (thanks to Glitchvid).
- August 27, 2014
- Added unique sounds for each spawn