Leon Nieuwoudt is the creator of a few Counter-Strike maps.
Leon Nieuwoudt's first published maps were made for Quake. He eventually moved on to Half-Life and his maps would go on to win a PC Gamer Instant Classic Award and he was also the winner of a mapping contest held by ClanFist. This is most likely what attracted the attention of the Counter-Strike developers Minh Le and Jess Cliffe.
Leon would have one of his maps, Wpndepot, included in the very first public release of the mod. His second map, 747, was supposed to get released shortly after the release of the mod. However, as Nieuwoudt started working in October 1999, he would soon find himself without the necessary time to finish the map. Stephen Superville stepped in to help Nieuwoudt in finishing off the map and it was eventually included in beta 6.0.
Leon Nieuwoudt has since retired from level designing.
List of maps
- ↑ The Domain of Pain - Maps. Archived from the original on 2001-07-20.
- ↑ The Domain of Pain - What's New. Archived from the original on 2001-07-20.
- ↑ Leon Nieuwoudt | LinkedIn
- ↑ Counter-Strike.dk - Interview with Judas. Archived from the original on 2000-10-23.
- Leon Nieuwoudt's Homepage. Archived from the original on 2002-05-27.