The M1014 is a very powerful semi-automatic shotgun available to both teams. The M4 is very effective in close quarters combat and is commonly seen on Office and Nuke. .They both have advantages and disadantages, such as the fast rate of fire of the M1014 versus the power of the M3.
As the M1014 is semi-automatic, it is capable to fire a shot after every trigger squeeze. In Counter-Strike, this translates into firing continuously if the trigger is held down. Because of this, the M1014 is sometimes considered an overpowered weapon, but because of its short range it is not on the same level as other guns.
Due to its fairly high fire rate, it is much more popular than its pump-action counterpart, the M3. However, this speed comes with lower reliability and power. Still, it can be used to get massive amounts of damage on enemies in close quarters, particularly if the shots hit their heads. However, this weapon cannot be used to fire underwater.
|Chest & Arm||114||54|
The M4 is a moderate-weight weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 240 units per second (default speed is 250), meaning they suffer slight speed reduction. The M4 is one of the few guns unable to shoot underwater.
- High damage at close range
- Higher rate of fire then other shotgun
- Perfect for ambushing purposes
- Great to use in small to medium sized maps
- This shotgun has less running speed reduction compated to the M3.
- Inflicts less damage than the M3
- High recoil
- Low magazine and ammo capacity
- Not reliable at medium and longer ranges
- Cannot fire underwater
- When the user is firing this shotgun while running, that player will be disorientated by the recoil.
- As for the M3, aiming for the head is the best tactic.
- If at close or medium quarters, empty your entire magazine on the enemy.
- If a long range, pull out any other weapon besides the M4. However, remember that shotgun pellets in Valve games have longer ranges than would be expected in other FPS games, so this weapon's range is much higher than would be expected.
- Always reload after the fight, because this weapon can empty its magazine in seconds.
- Be careful of how you aim this weapon. Due to the high recoil, you may miss your target and thus leaving you vulnerable to counter-attack. To be sure, aim low (perfectably at the chest) and you may score a headshot.
- If you sneak behind someone and they don't see, it takes one blast in the head to down them.
- Flash its users so they blindly spray and empty their ammunition. If you are lucky, it could cause the player to friendly fire or empty the magazine, necessitating reloading or switching weapons.
- Use long range weapons against its users.
- Avoid all close contacts with its users.
- The M3 may be used to out-power its users, but this can be risky, go for the head or chestshot to increase your chance.
- The Desert Eagle can be a good weapon against M4 users with headshot, this need some skill though.
- Automatic Rifles are the best weapon available against its users at close range.
- If you can, let them empty their magazine, it makes them easier to kill with a full auto weapon.
|Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun Expert||Kill 200 enemy players with the Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun|
- The internal name of the M4 is weapon_xm1014. When Counter-Strike was originally in development, the XM1014 was an experimental semi-automatic shotgun being tested by the USMC. It has since been adopted by the USMC as the M1014.
- This weapon is originally called Benelli M4 Super 90.
- The M1014 is the only shotgun that has appeared in every Counter-Strike game.
- In Deleted Scenes, this weapon shares the ammo with M3, so ammo can run out much faster.
- The firing and reloading sounds of the XM1014 are much different in Deleted Scenes in comparision to the other games.
- The M4s stock is extended in older games, in Source and Global Offensive, the M4s stock is folded.
- In 1.6 and Condition Zero, players hold the XM1014 on the hip. However in Counter-Strike: Source, players will aim this shotgun like the other weapons.
- In Source, the XM1014 user has to be more accurate than in the older games, the gun in this version has lower spread and require more accurate fire rather than spray and pray to kill your opponents, otherwise it will simply waste your ammunition, which is a nightmare when you are fighting in close quarters.
- In Deleted Scenes, if the XM1014 is used by enemies, the firing sound is very similar as M3 in Counter-Strike, however if used by friendly NPCs, it will use the same firing sound as the player's XM1014.
- This shotgun is not available for Terrorists in Assassination maps.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6, the XM1014 was considerably more overpowered in comparison to later versions of CS as it could be reloaded at a faster rate.
- Originally in Left 4 Dead, the Auto Shotgun used unmodified firing sounds from the XM1014.
- Main article: Leone YG1265 Auto Shotgun/Gallery
- M1014 at Wikipedia