|Magazine capacity||30 / 90|
|Rate of fire||666 RPM|
|Reload time||3.1 s|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|225 / 250 (90%)|
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||20 / 26 (76%)|
|Accurate Range||28 m|
“More accurate but less damaging than its AK-47 counterpart, the M4A4 is the full-auto assault rifle of choice for CTs.”
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
The M4A4 is based on the Mk. 18 Mod 0 carbine, fitted with an ARMS#40 flip-up rear iron sight and KAC free-float RAS handguard.
In-game, the weapon holds 30 rounds and has 90 rounds in reserve.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||40||28|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and moderate recoil, making it good for firing bursts. However, spraying is not always recommended, unless the enemy is in close proximity. At longer ranges, it is better to burst fire or tap fire.
- In medium and close ranges, the M4A4 can spray bullets at the torso or stomach and quickly deliver lots of accurate shots.
- Crouching can quickly and easily compensate for the early-spray recoil.
- Although headshots from the M4A4 are not always lethal, aiming for the head is still recommended, moreso at long range. A headshot might kill if an already injured opponent, or at least deliver enough damage that another bodyshot can finish.
- Compared to the M4A1-S, the M4A4 offers a larger magazine and reserve capacity, making it more suitable for a defensive role where more ammo is needed.
Equipment Proficiency: Operation Vanguard, M4A4 (205)
| Get M4A4 kills in Casual: Operation Vanguard matches. |
Remaining kills : 10
The Buddy System (526)
| Guardian Co-op Challenge: Play as a Counter-Terrorist with a partner and protect the bombsite from enemies on Dust.|
Score a win by getting 15 enemy kills with M4A4.
Note: Players spawn with the Five-SeveN.
|“Turner’s men are spreading across the Maghreb, looking to destroy villages that are unsympathetic to The Phoenix’s cause. In order to protect these people, we need to split up. Take another operator and guard the bombsite. Remember, this isn’t a standard mission: do not. Leave. The bombsite.”|
Thrill Kill (904)
|Guardian Co-op Challenge: Play as a Counter-Terrorist with a partner and protect the bombsite from enemies on Thrill.||
|“A theme park and wetwork? You're basically living out my dream vacation. I'm not even going to pretend I'm not jealous.”|
- The name M4A4 implies that the weapon is a theoretical further iteration of the M4 carbine. In the United States Military, the A# designator indicates the iteration / version of the firearm after its original issue, and M4A1 is currently the latest iteration of the M4 carbine the US Military has produced.
- After the sound update in Global Offensive, the M4A4 shares its firing sound with the Galil AR.
- In Global Offensive, the M4A4 is the only weapon to have a "Contraband" quality skin, the Howl (meaning it is no longer obtainable via weapon cases or a Trade Up Contract), due to the original Howl plagiarizing artwork without copyright permissions. As a result, the remaining Howl skins in circulation demand extremely high prices.
- A similar instance occurred with the M4A4 | Griffin. However, the artwork was only changed, but the skin was not made Contraband.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the M4A1-S and SCAR-20.
- All three involve "slapping" the bolt catch (a small, paddle-shaped lever on the side of the receiver) on the side of the gun, a process also known as "sending the bolt home". Although meant pressed with the thumb, some shooters prefer slapping it for convenience.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the M4A4 was the most common rifle purchased by CT players. However, after the M4A1-S was added, the M4A4 dropped in popularity by human players considerably and is more commonly wielded by bots.
- The weapon entity name shares its name (
weapon_m4a1) with its predecessor from previous Counter-Strike games even though it does not match the actual weapon.
- ↑ http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive#Mk._18_Mod_0
- ↑ Counter-Strike Blog: Balancing Act