|Alternate name(s)||M4A1 SOPMOD|
|Magazine capacity||30 / 90|
|Rate of fire||666 RPM|
|Reload time||3.0 seconds|
|Movement speed (units per second)||225 / 250 (10%)|
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||20 / 26 (76%)|
|Accurate Range||39 m|
- "More accurate but less damaging than its AK-47 counterpart, the M4A4 is the full-auto assault rifle of choice for CTs."
- ―Official description
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||40||28|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and low recoil, especially when fired in bursts. However, spraying bullets is not always recommended, unless you're in close proximity with the enemy.
- At longer ranges, burst fire, unless an opponent has a sniper rifle, like the AWP.
- In medium and close ranges, you can spray bullets at the torso or stomach. Be sure that you are accustomed to the recoil however.
- Although headshots from the M4A4 are not always lethal, you can aim for the head at close ranges. A headshot might kill if an opponent is already hurt.
- Experienced players with AK-47 rifles may outgun M4A4 users at mid to long ranges. To counter this, try to burst-fire as the M4A4 has lower recoil or find a way to gain close proximity due to higher rate of fire of the weapon.
- This rifle can easily counter assailants armed with higher recoil and/or lower rate of fire weapons. Examples include the AK-47 and the SG 553.
- If you were ambushed by a M4A4 user, try to disengage with users at close range as soon as possible. Use a flashbang and maintain distance.
- Although risky, the AK-47 is considered somewhat better to use at close proximity as it inflicts higher damage.
Comparison to the M4A1-SEdit
- Larger magazine and more reserve ammo (30 / 90 vs 20 / 40)
- Higher accurate range
- Inflicts the roughly the same amount of damage (negligible 1 point of difference)
- Same reload and draw time
- Same rate of fire (666 RPM)
- No attachable silencer
- Slightly more expensive ($3100 vs $2900)
- Less accurate when moving
- More damage falloff
- Weapon Specialist
| M4 AR Expert|
Kill 1000 enemies with the M4 Assault Rifle.
- Main article: M4A4/Gallery
- The M4A4 is the only somewhat fictional weapon in by name as the M4A1 is the most recent iteration of the M4 rifle that United States Military has produced and the A2-A4 variants do not exist. The A# designator indicates the iteration / version of the firearm after its original issue. For example, the M16A4 is the 4th and most current iteration of the M16 Rifle after 3 revisions.
- Most likely, the weapon model is based on the M4A1 with the SOPMOD package, including a Rail Interface System and a backup iron sight.
- The weapon model could have also have been based on the Mk 18 or the Close Quarters Battle Receiver, an M4 with a 10.3 in. barrel.
- The M4A1 in Counter-Strike Online 2 is based on this model.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the M4A1-S and SCAR-20.
- The code for the M4A4 still uses "M4A1" in the game files.
- This weapon is spawnable by typing "give weapon_m4a1" in the console.