|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
- "More accurate but less damaging than its AK-47 counterpart, the M4A4 is the full-auto assault rifle of choice for CTs."
- ―Official description
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||40||28|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and low recoil, especially when fired in bursts. However, spraying bullets is not always recommended, unless you're in close proximity with the enemy.
- At longer ranges, burst fire, unless an opponent has a sniper rifle, like the AWP.
- In medium and close ranges, you can spray bullets at the torso or stomach. Be sure that you are accustomed to the recoil however.
- Experienced players with AK-47 rifles may outgun M4A4 users at mid to long ranges. To counter this, try to burst-fire as the M4A4 has lower recoil or find a way to gain close proximity as it has a higher rate of fire.
- This rifle can easily counter assailants armed with higher recoil and/or lower rate of fire weapons. Examples include the AK-47 and the SG 553.
- If you were ambushed by a M4A4 user, try to disengage with users at close range as soon as possible. Use a flashbang and maintain distance.
- Although risky, the AK-47 is considered somewhat better to use at close proximity as it inflicts higher damage.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| M4 AR Expert|
Kill 1,000 enemies with the M4 Assault Rifle.
- Larger magazine and ammo capacity (30/90 vs 20/40)
- Same reload and draw time
- Inflicts the same amount of damage
- Can't attach a suppressor, and therefore has bullet tracers, alongside with being more noisy
- Slightly more expensive ($2900 vs $3100)
- Larger fire spread
- Higher recoil
- Lower accuracy
- Main article: M4A4/Gallery
- The M4A4 is the only somewhat fictional weapon in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive by name as the M4A1 is the most recent iteration of the M4 rifle that United States Military has produced and the A2-A4 variants do not exist. The A# designator indicates the iteration / version of the firearm after it's original issue. For example, the M16A4 is the 5th and most current iteration of the M16 Rifle after 4 revisions.
- The M4A4 is based on an Mk.18 Mod.0 which is an M4A1 equipped with the Close Quarters Battle Receiver which uses the 10.3 inch barrel.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the M4A1-S and SCAR-20.
- In the CS:GO game files, the sound for the M4A4 is still in the folder "M4A1" and still has the prefix, "M4A1".
- This weapon is spawnable by typing "give weapon_m4a1" in the console.