- "More accurate but less damaging than its AK-47 counterpart, the M4A4 is the full-auto assault rifle of choice for CTs."
- ―Official description
30 + 90
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||40||28|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and low recoil, especially when fired in bursts. However, spraying bullets is not always recommended, unless you're in close proximity with the enemy.
- This rifle can easily counter assailants armed with higher recoil and/or lower rate of fire weapons. Examples include the AK-47 and the SG 553.
- If you were ambushed by a M4A4 user, try to disengage with users at close range as soon as possible. Use a flashbang and maintain distance.
- Although risky, the AK-47 is considered somewhat better to use at close proximity as it inflicts higher damage.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| M4A4 Expert|
Kill 1,000 enemies with the M4A4.
- Larger magazine and ammo capacity (30/90 vs 20/40)
- Same reload and draw time
- Inflicts the same amount of damage
- Can't attach a suppressor, and therefore has bullet tracers, alongside with being more noisy
- Slightly more expensive ($2900 vs $3100)
- Larger fire spread
- Higher recoil
- Lower accuracy
- The M4A4 is the only somewhat fictional weapon in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive by name (M4A4 Sherman is a tank designed and made during World War II). The naming scheme "A4" most likely comes from the misnomer of the M16A4.
- The M4A4 is based on the Mark 18 Mod 0, which is a modified M4A1 equipped with the Close Quarters Battle Receiver, or Bushmaster M4 Type Carbine, which is a reproduction of the Colt M4 Carbine for civilian and law enforcement markets.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound, but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the M4A1-S and SCAR-20.
- In the CS:GO game files, the sound for the M4A4 is still in the folder "M4A1" and still has the prefix, "M4A1".