|Magazine capacity||30 / 90|
|Rate of fire||666 RPM|
|Reload time||3.1 s|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|225 / 250 (90%)|
|Kill Award|| $300 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||20 / 26 (76%)|
|Accurate Range||28 m|
“More accurate but less damaging than its AK-47 counterpart, the M4A4 is the full-auto assault rifle of choice for CTs.”
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
The M4A4 is based on the Mk. 18 Mod 0 carbine, fitted with an ARMS#40 flip-up rear iron sight and KAC free-float RAS handguard.
In-game, the weapon holds 30 rounds and has 90 rounds in reserve.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
|Abdomen & Pelvis||40||28|
- The M4A4 has high accuracy and moderate recoil, especially when fired in bursts. However, spraying bullets is not always recommended, unless you're in close proximity with the enemy.
- At longer ranges, burst fire, unless an opponent has a sniper rifle, like the AWP. Retreating when an experienced sniper has spotted you is more recommended than recklessly charging in an open area.
- In medium and close ranges, you can spray bullets at the torso or stomach. Be sure that you are accustomed to the recoil however.
- Although headshots from the M4A4 are not always lethal, you can aim for the head at close ranges. A headshot might kill if an opponent is already hurt, or at least deliver heavy damage.
- Experienced players with AK-47 rifles may outgun M4A4 users at mid to long ranges. To counter this, try to burst-fire as the M4A4 has lower recoil or find a way to gain close proximity due to higher rate of fire of the weapon.
- This rifle can easily counter assailants armed with higher recoil and/or lower rate of fire weapons, especially if opponents have trouble controlling their weapon at close ranges. Examples include the AK-47 and the SG 553.
- If you were ambushed by a M4A4 user, try to disengage with users at close range as soon as possible. Use a flashbang and maintain distance.
- Although somewhat risky, the AK-47 is considered far better to use at close proximity as it inflicts higher damage.
Comparison to the M4A1-S
- Larger magazine and more reserve ammo (30 / 90 vs 20 / 40)
- Shorter length compared to the M4A1-S with a suppressor attached
- Faster rate of fire (666 RPM vs 600 RPM)
- Inflicts roughly the same amount of damage to unarmored opponents (33, negligible 1 point of difference in headshot)
- Same price ($3100)
- Same reload time (3.0 seconds)
- Same kill award ($300 (Competitive) $150 (Casual))
- Same movement speed (225)
- Same accurate range (28 m)
- Same penetration power (200)
- No attachable suppressor
- Less accurate when moving
- More damage falloff
- Worse recoil control (20 vs 19)
- The name M4A4 implies that the weapon is a theoretical further iteration of the M4 carbine. In the United States Military, the A# designator indicates the iteration / version of the firearm after its original issue, and M4A1 is currently the latest iteration of the M4 carbine the US Military has produced.
- After the sound update in CS : GO, the M4A4 shares its firing sound with the Galil AR.
- In Global Offensive, the M4A4 is the only weapon to have a "Contraband" quality skin, the Howl (meaning it is no longer obtainable via weapon cases or a Trade Up Contract), due to the original Howl plagiarizing artwork without copyright permissions. As a result, the remaining Howl skins in circulation demand extremely high prices.
- A similar instance occurred with the M4A4 | Griffin. However, the artwork was only changed, but the skin was not made Contraband.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the M4A1-S and SCAR-20.
- All three involve "slapping" the side of the gun. This is actually slamming down the bolt catch (a small, paddle-shaped lever on the side of the receiver). Although meant pressed with the thumb, some shooters prefer slapping it for convenience.
- Some gun experts refer to this process as "sending the bolt home".
- The M4A1 in Counter-Strike Online 2 is based on the model of the M4A4.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the M4A4 was the most common rifle purchased by CT players. However, after the M4A1-S was added, the M4A4 dropped in popularity by human players considerably and is more commonly wielded by bots.
- The weapon entity name shares its name (
weapon_m4a1) with its predecessor from previous Counter-Strike games even though it does not match the actual weapon.
- ↑ http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Counter-Strike:_Global_Offensive#Mk._18_Mod_0
- ↑ Counter-Strike Blog: Balancing Act