|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
- For the M4A4's predecessor, see Maverick M4A1 Carbine.
The M4A4 is a rifle featured exclusively in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It replaced the Maverick M4A1 Carbine from the previous Counter-Strike games, however, the attachable silencer does not make a return.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
- Before an update was implemented, the M4A4 HUD kill icon still featured the old M4A1 HUD icon from the older versions of Counter-Strike.
- The M4A4 is the only somewhat fictional weapon in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive by name (M4A4 Sherman is a tank designed and made during World War II). The naming scheme "A4" most likely comes from the misnomer of the M16A4.
- The M4A4 is based on the Mark 18 Mod 0, which is a modified M4A1 equipped with the Close Quarters Battle Receiver, or Bushmaster M4 Type Carbine, which is a reproduction of the Colt M4 Carbine for civilian and law enforcement markets.
- The M4A4 originally had a different firing sound, but during the development of the game, it was changed to sound much more like the original M4A1.
- The M4A4 shares its reload animation with the SCAR-20. Due to this, these weapons are the only assault rifles to share the same animations.
- In the CS:GO game files, the sound for the M4A4 is still in the folder "M4A1" and still has the prefix, "M4A1"