The weapon was cut from Counter-Strike. The only hint of its possible appearance is 2 HUD icons and a kill icon representing it, although there is no lighting difference between them.
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
The weapon appears in Deleted Scenes, where is mostly used by the AI. The player has 4 occasions to use it :
- The enemies wielding this weapon can do massive damage in a matter of seconds. Also when attacked, the player will get a shaking screen with blood sprites and will be harder to aim. Enemies do not seem to reload when wielding the M60.
- Due to the nature of its caliber, the M60 does more damage than the M249, but has higher recoil.
- To control the weapon, fire in 2 or 3 round bursts, which is easy due to the slow rate of fire of M60.
- The M60's bullets are not shared with other weapons using the same ammo.
- This weapon appears in "The Passing" DLC of another Valve game Left 4 Dead 2, with a larger ammo capacity (150 rounds), different rate of fire and firing sound.
- The M60 does the fourth highest damage of any weapon in Deleted Scenes, after the M2 Browning, M72 LAW and the AWP. However, the M60 uses the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge, which the Scout and the G3/SG-1 also use.
- Originally, the M60 was supposed to cost $5000 and it was designed to become more accurate if this machine gun was fired for long periods of time before it was cut from the mutliplayer versions of Counter-Strike.
- AI M60 users never perform melee attacks unlike when wielding other weapons, even if the player enables "god" mode and reaches close proximity.
- Main article: M60/Gallery