The weapon was cut from Counter-Strike. The only hint of its possible appearance is 2 HUD icons and a kill icon representing it, although there is no lighting difference between them.
Condition Zero: Deleted ScenesEdit
The weapon appears in Deleted Scenes, where is mostly used by the AI. The player has 4 occasions to use it :
- The enemies wielding this weapon can do massive damage in a matter of seconds, also when attacked, the player will get shaking screen with blood sprites and will be harder to aim. They does not seem to be reloaded when used by enemies.
- Due to the nature of its caliber, the weapon does more damage but has higher recoil than the M249.
- The M60's bullets does not share with other weapons that use same ammo.
- This weapon appears in "The Passing" DLC for the first-person shooter Left 4 Dead 2, which has more ammo capacity (150 rounds), different rate of fire and sound, developed by Valve and Turtle Rock Studios.
- The M60 does the fourth highest damage of a weapon in Deleted Scenes, after M2 Browning, M72 LAW and AWP. However, the M60 uses the 7.62x51mm NATO cartridge, which is also used with the Scout, and G3/SG-1.
- Originally, the M60 was supposed to cost $5000 and it was designed to become more accurate if this machine gun was fired for long periods of time before it was cut from the mutliplayer versions of Counter-Strike.
- Main article: M60/Gallery