The MAC-10 is a machine pistol featured in the Counter-Strike series. The MAC-10 retained its real-life name because the company holding the rights to the name went bankrupt.
The MAC-10 is a moderately powerful machine pistol available to only the Terrorists. The major disadvantages are its bad accuracy and high recoil. For those reasons, the MAC-10 is very uncommon and very rarely seen during public or competitive play. Currently in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, it costs $1050 instead of $1400.
|Chest & Arm||28||13|
The MAC-10 is a fairly light weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction. The MAC-10 is one of the many weapons able to shoot underwater.
- High rate of fire
- Medium damage
- Good damage for a cheap weapon
- Bad accuracy
- High recoil
- Poor armor piercing
- Spray at full auto when fighting in close combat quarters.
- Using this tactic against groups of enemies in enclosed areas can lead to satisfying results, especially in Source.
- Aim for the head in close quarters battle. Scoring two hits at the head will result in a headshot, even if the opponent has bought a helmet. In early rounds, one headshot can be enough to do the job.
- Be sure to aim low due to the high recoil of this weapon.
- For medium-range, crouch and fire up two shots burst and aim for chest or stomach.
- This weapon is not recommended for long range combat. However, if it is required, fire single shots. The MAC-10 has wild recoil but its first shot is almost as accurate as the M4A1's first shot. Therefore, a MAC-10 "snipe" is possible, albeit unreliable.
- This weapon is great for rushing, but only if the user can somewhat control its recoil.
- It might be wise to pull out your sidearm in open areas because of the MAC-10's high spread.
- The MAC-10 is perfect for ambushing unsuspecting enemies.
- If possible, throw a Flashbang, smoke grenade, or an HE grenade at the area(s) where enemy players are located and then engage the enemy with the MAC-10.
- Remember, this weapon is very inaccurate with very high recoil. Frontline combat is not always be best option.
- In Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the accuracy of the MAC-10 has been greatly increased. Due to this, the MAC-10 is more reliable in scoring headshots.
- Avoid all close contact with its users.
- Use long range weaponry against its users.
- Use high caliber weapons like Desert Eagle and M3.
- More accurate weapons can pick off its users from longer distances, such as the MP5.
- Try to strafe in order to prevent users from scoring a headshot.
| Ingram Mac-10 Expert|
Kill 500 enemy players with the Ingram Mac-10.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| MAC-10 Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the MAC-10.
- If equipped with the KM .45 Tactical, they will draw from a single store of reserve ammo due to sharing the same cartridge
- The MAC-10 in Global Offensive is the same model from Left 4 Dead 2 but with a different texture and the large silencer and flashlight from the latter game is not present.
- Before Counter-Strike: Source and Global Offensive, whenever the MAC-10 was discharging bullets, the empty bullet casings were always ejected towards the player.
- Interestingly, by inspecting the MAC-10 in CS:GO, the ejector port is not closed, unlike in previous games.
- In Deleted Scenes, the MAC-10 is much more effective than its multiplayer counterpart. It is only available in level "Building Recon" where enemies will use the TMP instead of the MAC-10 in-game (despite the fact that the TMP is for the Counter-Terrorists in the multiplayer versions).
- Originally, Counter-Terrorists used the MAC-10 in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes while Terrorists used the TMP. In fact, there is a Counter-Terrorist model that features a submodel with a MAC-10 equipped (see gallery, player model), but it was never used in-game, possibly due of inefficient firesupport.
- This was likely inspired by the fact the MAC-10 was actually used exclusively by Navy SEALs in the Vietnam war. However, because the civilian version could easily be modified to fire full-auto, the weapon was banned in later years and is no longer in use by the American military. (However, the submachine gun is still wielded in the hands of some troops in foreign countries.)
- In third person view of Counter-Strike and Condition Zero, players will wield the MAC-10 as a Pistol. However in Counter-Strike: Source, players will hold one hand in front of the trigger and another hand on the trigger. This also applies to TMP, CT's MAC-10 counterpart.
- In Counter-Strike: Source, the marking on the MAC-10 indicates that the weapon uses .380 ACP rounds instead of .45 ACP.
- It is possible for a silencer to attach with the MAC-10's barrel and the weapon can have 32 rounds. These characteristics were not implemented for gameplay reasons.
- Main article: Ingram Mac-10/Gallery
- MAC-10 at Wikipedia