- "Versatile but expensive, the German-made MP7 SMG is the perfect choice for high-impact close-range combat."
- ―Official description
- For the MP7's predecessor, see MP5.
The MP7 is a submachine gun featured in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, available to both factions.
The MP7 is a personal defense weapon (PDW) designed by Germany-based Heckler & Koch in 2001, chambered in the special HK 4.6×30mm bullets, and designed to use 20, 30 or 40-round magazines. The MP7 in CS:GO uses a 30-round magazine and costs $1700. Despite the fact the real life version uses the 4.6x30mm caliber, in game it is coded to use the same 9x19mm Parabellum that the Glock-18, Dual Berettas, Tec-9, MP9, and PP-Bizon use, likely to avoid having to program in a new ammunition type specifically for it. As such, it carries a reserve of 120 rounds. As with other SMGs, the MP7 awards 2x the money per kill than normal ($600 in Competitive Mode, $300 in Casual Mode).
|Chest & Arm||29||15|
- High rate of fire
- Useful for hit-and-run tactics
- Lightweight compared to most other weapons
- Second most expensive sub-machine gun ($300 dollars more than the PP-Bizon and $500 more than the UMP-45)
- Low damage to armored targets
- Fairly high spread
- Long reload time
- At close proximity with targets, spray bullets.
- Aim at the chest/stomach to ensure all bullets hit an enemy player. Be sure to adjust your aim accordingly (by aiming lower) to control the recoil.
- Strafe and burst-fire at medium ranges. Aim at the head for maximum efficiency.
- Switch to your pistol if you have to reload or/and engage enemies at longer ranges if they are not armed with weapons that have high accuracy. The MP7 has a longer reload time compared to other submachine guns so reload only when it is safe.
- The MP7 lacks sufficient range thus forcing users to ambush enemies at close proximity.
- Disengage enemies that have shotguns and automatic rifles, unless you can catch them off guard. These weapons inflict more damage and/or are more accurate which can easily overwhelm MP7 users.
- The Desert Eagle can be a good backup pistol for medium ranges in some situations. If facing snipers, do not use this tactic.
- This is a good SMG to counter snipers at close range, especially the AWP. However, be warned that they could (still) hit you in the head, stomach, or any other unprotected area if you are alone.
- Powerful assault rifles and shotguns in close range can overpower MP7 users.
- Keep strafing. Inexperienced users will empty their ammo and they will have to either take cover and reload or switch to a pistol. If this happens, swiftly eliminate that enemy player.
- At longer ranges, assailants will burst-fire. Keep your distance and counter with more accurate weapons, such as a rifle.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| MP7 Expert|
Kill 250 enemies with the MP7.
- Main article: MP7/Gallery
- Originally the MP7 was slated to be exclusive to the Counter-Terrorists, similar to the PP-Bizon for the Terrorists.
- In the game, MP7 is based on the MP7A1 variant, and its magazine has a capacity of 40 rounds in real life.
- The firing sound of the MP7 is reused from the MP5.
- The reload animation of the MP7 is identical to the MP9's reload animation, only it's slower.
- In real life, the MP7 does not fires the 9x19mm Parabellum.
- Heckler & Koch MP7 at Wikipedia