|Magazine capacity||30 / 120|
|Rate of fire||750 RPM|
|Weight (loaded)||1.9 kilograms|
|Muzzle velocity||2411 ft/s|
|Used by|| Terrorists|
|Reload time||3.1 seconds|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|220 / 250 (88%)|
|Kill Award|| $600 (Competitive)|
|Recoil Control||22 / 26 (84%)|
|Accurate Range||14 m|
“Versatile but expensive, the German-made MP7 SMG is the perfect choice for high-impact close-range combat.”
The MP7 is a submachine gun featured in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, available to both factions. It is the successor to the K&M Sub-Machine Gun in previous Counter-Strike games, having similar performance and the same role as its predecessor.
The MP7 is a German lightweight personal defense weapon (PDW) that is manufactured by Heckler & Koch (H&K), succeeding their MP5 submachine gun and intended to compete with the P90. It is classified as a PDW because of the round it fires, the 4.6x30mm cartridge, was designed for speed rather than mass, and has good armor-piercing capabilities in real life. The in-game MP7 is modeled after the MP7A1, and is modeled with a longer 40-round magazine.
In-game, it has 30-round capacity and (despite its description) costs a cheap $1700. The weapon is coded to use the same 9x19mm Parabellum rounds that the Glock-18, Dual Berettas, Tec-9, MP9, and PP-Bizon use. As such, it carries a reserve of 120 rounds.
Like other SMGs, the MP7 awards 2× the money per kill than normal ($600 in Competitive Mode, $300 in Casual Mode).
The weapon is unusually heavy for its class (even heavier than the P90 and the UMP-45) and inflicts fairly low damage, making it less popular in the SMG family.
|Chest & Arm||28||17|
The MP7 is a moderate weight weapon. When wielded, the user speed will decrease to 220 from 250, by 12% speed reduction.
- Moderate Damage
- 2 Hit headshot (With armor)
- High rate of fire
- Low recoil
- 5 Magazines
- Easy Spread
- Run and Gun
- $600 kill award
- Short-Medium range (Long range possible, but not advised)
- Long reload (3 seconds)
- Ammo runs out quickly (If you can't manage ammo, you run out)
- Cannot penetrate metal
- At close proximity with targets, spray bullets.
- Aim for the head or at the chest-neck to ensure you get the kill. Be sure to adjust your aim accordingly (by aiming slightly lower to the left) to control the recoil.
- Spray at close-medium ranges, burst at medium-long ranges and tap at longer. Aim at the head for maximum efficiency.
- Switch to your pistol if you have to reload in a fight. The MP7 has a longer reload time compared to other submachine guns (though not as long as the UMP-45 or the P90) so reload only when it is safe.
- Originally, this SMG was slated to be exclusive to the Counter-Terrorists, as the PP-Bizon was to be exclusive to the Terrorists.
- The MP7's model originally had the fire selector set at safe, which has since been fixed to be set at full automatic.
- Heckler & Koch MP7 at Wikipedia.