Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
MVP is awarded to a player who has done a notable act. such like:
- for most eliminations / for most kills
- for planting the bomb.
- for defusing the bomb.
- for extracting a hostage / for rescuing the last hostage.
- Winning in 'Arms Race' mode (Only in Counter-Strike Global Offensive).
MVP texts in Counter-Strike Source and Counter-Strike Global Offensive are different because "end of a round" panel in CSS is short and displayed in the centre, at the bottom of the screen and the hostage mechanic is changed.
The MVP logo is a yellow star which appears next to a player's name in the scoreboard and end of the round panel, under player's avatar.
It is always given to a player on the winning team, not the losing team, even if a member from the team who lost did a notable act (such as eliminating the most amount of enemy players). For example: even if a CT player has killed 9 out of 10 Terrorists and the last Terrorist player has planted the C4 and it successfully detonates, the MVP award will be given to the player who planted the C4. However, it will still say that the player has killed 9 Terrorists.
MVP cannot be earned when a round is won or lost when the round time has expired. When this happens, it will be empty. However, it will mention a player who made special acts in a round.
If 2 or more players both get an equal amount of kills, the MVP goes to the player who did the most damage. Although, if 2 or more players do the exact same amount of kills and damage, the server gives the MVP to the player who joined the server first.
- When a round ends in a draw, no one from both teams will receive a MVP.
- In CS:GO when a Music Kit is equipped it will play an MVP Anthem to go with the notable act.
- If a player dies from suicide and he is the only player on a server, Fun facts may be displayed at the end of a round instead of an MVP message.
- CS:GO: Who gets MVP? on Youtube