The only hint of its possible appearance are 2 HUD icons and a kill icon representing it.
The machete is a melee weapon used by many hostile AI enemies in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes. It inflicts higher damage, has a higher melee range than the knife, and wielders can hit the player even while moving. Enemies armed with the machete can run faster than the player in most cases (one exception is the Scout).
- Easy: 15 damage per slash
- Medium: 25 damage per slash
- Hard: 35 damage per slash
The presence of a cut viewmodel and a worldmodel hints that the player was originally supposed to acquire a machete, possibly from a dead enemy. When the player is being attacked by a machete user, that player's screen will rotate about 10 degrees for several seconds which will make it harder to aim.
The player was to originally retrieve the machete in mission Rise Hard (a.k.a Highrise) after the apprehension when facing the boss. However, the weapon is cut and replaced with the knife for unknown reasons.
- This weapon appears in Left 4 Dead 2, a game developed by Valve and Turtle Rock Studios as the Machete, with the appearance modified. A similar weapon appears in Team Fortress 2, (another game developed by Valve), as the Kukri.
- The database file name for this weapon is machete.
- It can still hurt the player even when from the front of a deployed Tactical shield. This can be proven through the mission Fastline.
- Based on the viewmodel, the machete had two fire modes which was slash and stab (similar to the knife). The stab animation is notably cruel; the machete is thrusted in, then forced out.
- The cut Counter-Strike 1.6 design is based off a kukri curved machete , while the Deleted Scenes design is based off the Latin sheath machete.
- Machete at Wikipedia