|Title|| Level designer|
Matt Coombe, originally from United Kingdom, moved to Canada in 1995 and picked up level design after his brother, Nick Coombe, had been mapping for a while. His initial foray into mapping was helping out his brother in designing a Half-Life multiplayer map, though he did not do any actual level editing. The first actual mapping he did was recreating areas in Toronto to help in planning promotional events for the company he was working at during that time.
He would get involved in mapping for Counter-Strike because of an idea flash for a map he had during a lunch break at work, where after he started sketching the layout for a Counter-Strike map. Matt showed the idea to his brother Nick, and after a few days of working on the map alone, they decided to combine their efforts and work jointly on the map. This map eventually became Torn and it was released as part of Counter-Strike 1.3.
When Gearbox Software became involved in the development of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, they decided to recruit several prominent community mappers. Matt Coombe was one of these mappers, and he would start working at Gearbox in July 2001. He would design a total of two maps for their version of the game, Bridge and Rooftops (jointly with his brother). In November 2001, the Coombe brothers opted for more local work and left Gearbox for the start-up company 3DNA.
In 2009, Matt Coombe returned to the gaming industry by founding the company Get Set Games together with his brother and a few friends. Matt has been working there since, focusing on the creation of mobile games.
List of maps
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 [ Counter-Strike.ch - Interview mit Crinity und Madcross (English, Orginal) ]. Archived from the original on 2001-08-16.
- ↑ Crinity - About. Archived from the original on 2000-12-06.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Valve ERC - De_Torn: Interview with Crinity and Madcross. Archived from the original on 2002-10-19.
- ↑ CS-Nation - barney (aka n@rby) interview. Archived from the original on 2004-10-26.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Matt Coombe - Online Portfolio - Resume. Archived from the original on 2008-05-28.
- ↑ Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Information Vault - Matt Coombe Interview
- ↑ Half Life Italia - Level design: eight experts confrontation - Nick “Crinity” Coombe. Archived from the original on 2003-04-13
- ↑ Get Set Games - About
- ↑ Financial Post | Achieving success on iOS: Toronto-based Get Set Games doubles down on a mega hit with Mega Jump 2
- ↑ Get Set Games - Games
- Matt Coombe's Online Portfolio. Archived from the original on 2014-02-10.