The M4A1 is an extremely powerful assault rifle available exclusively to the Counter-Terrorists. Its high power, combined with its incredibly controllable recoil and spread, make it an efficient AK-47 counterpart. The M4A1 can be mastered for every situation. For these reasons, the M4A1 is one of the most popular weapons in the Counter-Strike series and the most popular CT weapon. It is also chosen to be the default autobuy primary weapon for CT, the others being the AK-47, famas, galil, and the MP5.
|Chest & Arm||32||23|
The M4A1 is moderate weight weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 230 units per second (default speed is 250), meaning they suffer moderate speed reduction. The M4A1 is one of the many weapons able to shoot underwater.
- High damage per bullet
- Excellent at close to medium range
- The silencer is ideal for stealth
- Low recoil
- Bullets have a slowing effect on enemies
- Burst fire can be useful at long range.
- Outclassed at long range combat by sniper rifles
- Silencer slightly reduces power and accuracy
- Firepower is inferior to the AK-47 and SG 552
|Maverick M4A1 Carbine Expert||Kill 1,000 enemy players with the Maverick M4A1 Carbine|
- The database file name for this weapon is m4a1.
- When taking the silencer off the M4A1, it is simply the sound of it being put on in reverse. The same applies for the USP.
- In early beta versions of Counter-Strike, the viewmodel of the M4A1 had a usable scope, possibly red dot sight or ACOG scope. It is still attached to the M4A1's worldmodel in version 1.6, and the HUD icon in Condition Zero, however this is fixed in Deleted Scenes.
- In third person view in earlier games, the shooter of the M4A1 will aim down the scope whlie firing.
- In some versions of Counter Strike, the model of the M4A1's fire selector switch is turned to semi-automatic, although the weapon fires automatically.
- The gun in first person shows the ejector facing towards the player, but if the gun is viewed by another player the ejector is facing the opposite.
- Some bots will automatically add silencers by themselves but some will remove it.
- No matter if you attached the silencer or not, it will be seen at third person view all the time.
- In Condition Zero, when the silencer is attached, the player seems to draw the weapon faster than when it is without the silencer. The same effect happens in Deleted Scenes and Counter-Strike (Xbox).
- Main article: Maverick M4A1 Carbine/Gallery
- M4A1 at Wikipedia