|Deleted Scenes Mission|
|Setting||05:34 HOURS |
Miami, Florida USA
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||U.S. Navy SEAL|
|Overview||Desperate, heavily armed would-be robbers are pinned down in a prominent Miami bank and are holding the employees at gunpoint inside the fortified building.|
|Main objectives||Since a direct assault will alert the robbers and endanger the employees, a stealthy approach is the only option.|
Miami Heat (cz_miami) is the sixth and last extra mission in Condition Zero: Deleted Scenes.
In this mission, the Miami-Dade SWAT team assess the scene; desperate and heavily armed robbers successfully hold all civilians hostage, and set up demands, saying that a hostage will be killed if their demands are not met in two hours.
Instead of a typical counter-terrorist operation, the player now assists the Miami SWAT team to eliminate a group of robbers holed up in a bank. The player must get to the drainage system, meet up with the rescue team, and rescue all of the hostages in the employee area. Most of the level consists of recognizing the robber's patrol patterns by using the fiber optic camera, then leading out the hostages in between patrols.
After that, the player communicates with the rest of the team to send backup. Two operatives rappel down and one comes in through the window, killing all threats, except the boss whom the player kills, ending the threat.
- Proceed to the drainage entrance.
- Gain entry into the bank through drainage tunnels.
- Rescue all hostages in office areas (Escort hostages to computer room).
- Rescue hostage in manager's office and retrieve keycard for vault.
- Rescue hostage being held in bank vault.
- Eliminate robber holding hostage in vault.
- Proceed to lobby area undetected and use radio to relay tactical info.
- Keep hostages safe.
- Neutralize robber.
The Counter-Terrorist faction in this mission is the Miami-Dade SWAT team and the Navy SEALs. In the intro, a SWAT member informs the player that the terrorists secured all entrances, and a quick assault will jeopardize (kill) the hostages. As a result, the player must go through the city sewers and meet with the rest of the assault element.
The player begins with the following weapons and equipment:
- Steyr Tactical Machine Pistol with 30/120 9mm Parabellum ammunition.
- Heckler & Koch USP with 12/100 .45 ACP ammo.
- Knife as melee tool.
- Fiber optic camera as recon equipment.
- Radio for chatter.
- Shooting/Killing any Terrorist (excluding the Terrorist in the vault) before the assault happens will fail the mission even if a silencer or the knife is used.
- If the player enters the vent that leads to the lobby before the hostage in the vault is rescued, the mission will fail as the player is spotted even though no Terrorist is present from below.
- The mission's name is a nod to Miami's professional basketball team, the Miami Heat.
- The mission's map was based on the Counter-Strike (Xbox) exclusive map, Miami.
- A jack-in-the-box with a clown named "Rich" can be found in a closet. Ritual Entertainment's logo can be seen wrapped around the box.
- This mission consists of two maps.
- The hostages must be saved one at a time, because a Terrorist will be guarding the hostages until the closest one has been rescued. However, if the player tries to extract two hostages at the same time, one of the hostages will be rescued, while the other one will get stuck, forcing a mission restart.
- A bug can occur if the player is standing at the door near the manager's office inside the break area. When spotting the player, the Terrorist will not yell, but will instead begin chasing the player. The only way to prevent the Terrorist from chasing the player is to load the game again, run away, or use the command
- If the Terrorist chases the player and fires a shot, it will trigger a mission failure.
- The mission will also fail if the players or NPCs (accidentally) shoot at the injured hostage.
- If the player also attacking the injured hostage at the end of mission, one can notice the appearance of chicken gibs.
- Also, if the US Navy Seal or SWAT operative armed with SMGs or shotguns, or the hostages are killed, the mission will also fail.
- Also, during the final fight, if the three officers die in the end, the mission will not automatically fail, as the player still has time to engage the total of six bank robbers who are holding the hostage.
- While rescuing the hostage in the vault, opening the vault without killing the Terrorist inside will result in a mission failure. The player must use the vent above the lockers and kill the Terrorist who is holding the hostage. Killing him while inside the vent will not raise the alarm as the vault itself is sound-proof.
- After the player radios in for the assault to begin, one of the SWAT members is seen with a MAC-10. It also seems that he has higher health than the rest of his squad and he is also the only operative that refuses to follow the player when interacted with.
- This is the only mission where the player needs to open a normal door with the "USE" key.
- There is one Terrorist who wears an urban uniform while the others wear standard uniforms.
- A SWAT operative with a standard helmet and SWAT uniform can be seen in this mission.