- This article is about the faction. For the map that appeared in every Counter-Strike game, see Militia.
The Midwest Militia (referred to as the NTO Militia in Counter-Strike (Xbox)) is a Terrorist faction featured in the Xbox version of Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes.
The Midwest Militia is an extremist movement consisting of formal and informal armed paramilitary groups. This anti-government group was founded in 1993 after a standoff in Waco, Texas.
Strategy Guide Description
Origin: Founded in the United States by ex-members of the military and police force.
Focus: Fed up with U.S. politics, the Midwest Militia took matters into its own hands. Its members are experts in sniping, assault, and covert operations, and have killed more than 1,000 government employees and key government officials, including a key Cabinet member. Was responsible for bombing the Office of Taxation in Washington, D.C. The Midwest Militia has also carried out numerous cross-border Terrorist attacks into Canada using such unusual means as hot-air balloons and motorized hang gliders.
Strength: A relatively small group comprising only 300 members, the Midwest Militia is nonetheless highly effective. The members' military and police backgrounds make them extremely efficient. Privately funded by unknown sources, the Midwest Militia uses the most advanced weapons and technology.
- A "Militia" is a military force composed of ordinary citizens.
- The 1993 standoff in Waco mentioned in the Midwest Militia background may be a possible reference to the "Waco Siege" that occurred in 1993 between the FBI and a religious group known as the Branch Davidians.
- The game file name for this player model is "militia".
- ↑ Ham, T., & Stratton, S. (2003). Counter Strike: Condition Zero (Prima's Official Strategy Guide), pp. 43. Roseville, CA: Prima Games. ISBN: 0-7615-4297-3
- Branch Davidians at Wikipedia