- This article is about the faction. For the map that appeared in every Counter-Strike game, see Militia.
The Midwest Militia (referred as the NTO Militia in Counter-Strike (Xbox)) is a Terrorist faction featured in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, and Counter-Strike Online.
The Midwest Militia is a right-wing extremist movement consisting of formal and informal armed paramilitary groups. This anti-government group was founded in 1993 after a standoff in Waco, Texas.
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted ScenesEdit
The Midwest Militia appears as opposing force in missions:
The Militia is included in CSO. Its model was reused from Condition Zero, and uses animations from 1.6 and CSO. This model is available for players free of charge.
- A "Militia" is a military force composed of ordinary citizens.
- In Deleted Scenes, despite having origins from America, members of the Midwest Militia speak only a few times in English as they are encountered in foreign countries outside of the United States.
- The 1993 standoff in Waco mentioned in the Midwest Militia background may be a possible reference to the "Waco Siege" that occurred in 1993 between the FBI and the religious group known as the Branch Davidians.
- The game file name for this player model is "militia".
- Branch Davidians at Wikipedia