|Creator(s)|| Cyberathlete Professional League (original author)|
Michael Hull (original author)
|Map Group||Active Duty|
|First appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
|Last appearance||Counter-Strike: Global Offensive|
The map is themed like a Middle Eastern town, but because of its close resemblance to Moroccan style architecture, it is likely set somwere in Morocco.
Michael "BubkeZ" Hull originally created Mirage specifically for the Cyberathlete Professional League (CPL) for Counter-Strike league play, called de_cpl_strike. Hull later created a non-CPL version of the map and called it Mirage (de_mirage). It was a popular unofficial map in the Counter-Strike community for years, and a version of the map was even made for Counter-Strike: Source.
After Global Offensive was released, Valve decided to remake the map and include the map as an official bomb defusal map. As with all official maps, Valve updated the visuals and tweaked the gameplay for better competitive play. For instance, the original versions of Mirage had textures similar to Italy, but was later updated to reflect a Moroccan style.
- With the exception of the Arsenal maps, Mirage was the first new map in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, though not the first original map since it is a remade version of a custom map.
- There are two TVs with SMPTE color bars in this map. If they are attacked with any weapon, the TVs will no longer function.
- Mirage is also released in Counter-Strike Online.
- Even though the map has a Moroccan appearence, there is a car on the T side of the map outside of the playable area with the Licence plate appearing to say "America".
- A graffiti of an AWP with wings located at B Van was added in response to a quad AWP streak with a jumping noscope collateral from competitive gamer Coldzera at Van in MLG Columbus 2016. 
- Thrill, known as de_mirage2 during development.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmG76q-7CaE
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/4fvyav/new_mirage_graffiti/