|Usage|| Burning enemies|
"The Molotov is a powerful and unpredictable area denial weapon that bursts into flames when thrown on the ground, injuring any player in its radius."
Molotov cocktails are typically composed of a glass alcohol bottle, alcohol, or gasoline inside the bottle itself, and a lit rag for the ignition source of flammable liquid. When thrown, the bottle would shatter upon hitting a surface, spreading the flammable liquid around, and the lit rag would create flames upon contact with the liquid. This not only does constant damage to those in contact, but also slows and even continues to hurt affected players for a few seconds afterwards.
- Excellent for temporarily preventing enemies from advancing to an important area (such as a bombsite, important path or the hostages).
- Can be used in conjunction with other grenades to be more effective, or simply used to set up a defensive or offensive strategy.
- Great to push back and prevent enemies from eliminating the player with close-ranged weaponry (like shotguns, pistols, or the knife).
- Can quickly spread and trap enemies.
- Long-lasting effects.
- Helpful in allowing users to escape.
- Very unpredictable (especially in the hands of newcomers).
- If thrown incorrectly, it can harm the player, the player's team members (with FF enabled), and even the hostages!
- Very distinct look compared to other projectiles, making it easily distinguishable.
- Easily seen, especially when lit, and will become the center of attention for many players.
- This weapon has to be thrown at the ground (or at least, bounce off the walls and then hit the ground) to be useful.
- Flames do not last for a very long time, requiring the player's attention if used to block an enemy.
- Timing and trajectory are very important to consider, as it can explode too late or bounce away from intended target.
- If thrown too high it can potentially explode while in mid-air, rendering it useless.
- Smoke grenades will extinguish the fire.
The Molotov cocktail will burst into flames on contact with the ground and ignites any player within its radius, their health will drop drastically if they don't escape soon. The duration of the Molotov's carpet of fire is about 7 seconds.
- Use the Molotov Cocktail to damage and separate enemy teams. If done properly, eliminate damaged targets easily as the flames can prevent backup from the opposing team.
- If being chased by multiple enemies, throw a Molotov at the ground (especially narrow corridors or a one way path) to prevent enemies from closing in.
- This weapon is perfect for ambushing the enemy. If possible, try to throw the Molotov at the predicted enemy's path, allowing for the fire to quickly spread and gain an advantage over the enemy. The Molotov can become the force multiplayer if the enemy team is close to one other, its possible to hurt multiple opponents.
- Timing is quite crucial for the Molotov because the fire will only last for 7 seconds. Make sure to use it only when enemy players are approaching the target area.
- Much like the incendiary grande, the Molotov can also be used to counter ambushes.
- If the player suspects campers nearby, use the fire and its spread to flush the enemy out.
- It is sometimes more effective than HE grenades because the enemy will take a considerable amount of damage if it is used to trap the enemy.
- The C4 is unaffected by the fire, so a Molotov can be used to prevent the bomb's defusal when time is running out.
- Beware of enemy smoke grenades can extinguish the fire, although it can be considered a positive, as it might force the use of a smoke grenade that might otherwise block defensive line-of-sight.
- Be careful when covering a hostage rescue zone with flames. If a CT carrying a hostage is killed and a Molotov is thrown too close to the dropped hostage, he will take damage or even get killed causing severe economic penalties.
- Wait out the fire, taking cover as needed.
- Throw a Smoke grenade to extinguish the fire the Molotov cocktail creates.
- This can also allow a Counter Terrorist to extinguish the fire next to a planted bomb and defuse it successfully, if there are no Terrorists around to guard the bomb.
- In hostage rescue scenarios, this tactic can be used for hostage rescue zones.
- Find higher ground to pick off enemies using the flames to get into position.
- Weapon Specialist
| Flame Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Molotov or Incendiary grenade.
Comparison to the Incendiary grenadeEdit
- Higher armor penetration (90% vs 73.75%)
- Faster weapon switch after deploy
- Cheaper ($400 vs $600)
- Same damage to unarmored opponents
- Same damage radius
- Same distance/time until explosion
- Similar bounce trajectory
- Bigger projectile, making it impossible (or at least without more precise aim) to be thrown through tight gaps in which the Incendiary grenade can achieve 
- Slightly longer deploy time than the incendiary grenade.
- The Molotov Cocktail was invented by Finns in World War II and its name is an insulting reference to former Soviet foreign minister Vyacheslav Molotov.
- The Molotov cocktail was cut from Half-Life, Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero but reintroduced in Global Offensive.
- The Molotov Cocktail and the Incendiary Grenade are both very similar to the CS grenade (a gas grenade cut from the original Counter-Strike).
- This weapon re-used the sounds from the Left 4 Dead 2 Molotov.
- When directly standing on the fire of the incendiary grenade/Molotov cocktail, the player's screen becomes slightly darkened by the smoke.
- Before the introduction of the incendiary grenade, the Molotov cocktail was also purchasable by the Counter-Terrorists in the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta.
- Originally, the view model of the Molotov cocktail featured the lighter being lit at all times. In an update, this has been removed.
- Alongside with the incendiary grenade, the Molotov cocktail is often considered to be "unbalanced, overpowered, and perhaps unfair" as it can prevent players from reaching important areas, such as a bombsite. More importantly, these firebombs are often thrown at the location of the C4 thus hindering the Counter-Terrorists' progress in defusing the bomb. However, a smoke grenade can be used to extinguish the fire thus reducing/eliminating the effectiveness of the fire.
- After the February 5, 2014 update in Global Offensive, all grenades received a secondary fire where the grenade will be bounced for short range throw, as well as a third medium-ranged throw (by holding both primary and secondary fire buttons).
- The cloth inside the bottle is a jigglebone moving with the player.