- "The Nova's rock-bottom price tag makes it a great ambush weapon for a cash-strapped team."
- ―Official description
8 + 32
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
The Nova is manufactured by Benelli. It fires 12 gauge ammunition as with other shotguns in the game and it can be purchased by both the Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists. It has a slow rate of fire like the M3, but does slightly more damage. Furthermore, the pump of the Nova is slightly faster than the M3 thus enabling users to have a better chance in combat. The Nova is the replacement for the M3 Shotgun from previous titles and, as with all the other shotguns, the Nova has a 3× kill award multiplier in Classic Competitive whilst in Classic Casual, it's $450 per kill.
- Cheap, compared to the most of the other shotguns
- Powerful at close-range (1 shot to the head and 2 shots to the torso)
- $900 kill reward in classic competitive
- The Nova has the lowest spread compared to the other shotguns
- Slow Pump-action
- Does not inflict high damage at far away targets
- Useless in certain areas (like the bridge area in Dust or the hallway in Office when fighting against numerous enemies)
- The Nova inflicts the lowest damage and has less pellets in the spread when compared to the Sawed-Off
- Cannot penetrate surfaces
- Because of the Nova's low spread, users can easily strafe while firing at enemies.
- Be warned, however, that the Nova inflicts the lowest damage for a shotgun so be sure to attack with two shots at unaware enemies.
- Players with high lag will often purchase this shotgun, due to the low pellet spread.
- Avoid close proximity with enemy users!
- More powerful shotguns should easily give you an edge in fighting off Nova users.
- Kevlar + Helmet massively reduces damage, giving you time to return fire.
- Rifles and submachine guns is normally sufficient to counter users.
- Keep strafing; enemies with this shotgun will usually have a hard time in aiming at fast moving targets as the shotgun has a low rate of fire.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Nova Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Nova.
- The Nova shares its reloading and draw animations with the Sawed-Off, and shares the same pump sound as the Sawed-Off and MAG-7.
- The pumping sounds of the Nova are re-used from Left 4 Dead 2 Pump Shotgun.
- It is somewhat odd that the Benelli Nova can also be purchased by the Terrorists in Global Offensive as the shotgun is mainly used by hunters and in law-enforcement.
- On the left side of the weapon, there is an engravement that says 'BENETTI'. This could either be a mistype for Benelli (the manufacturer of the Nova) or due to copyright infrigements. The engravement could clearly be seen by inspecting (press the 'F' key) the Nova.
- The Nova has the same price as the UMP-45 and the Sawed-Off.