|Magazine capacity||8 / 32|
|Rate of fire||68 RPM|
|Used by|| Counter-Terrorist|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|220 / 250 (88%)|
|Kill Award|| $900 (Competitive)|
|Damage|| 26 (1 pellet) |
243 (1 shot)
|Recoil Control||1 / 26 (4%)|
|Accurate Range||4.6 m|
“The Nova's rock-bottom price tag makes it a great ambush weapon for a cash-strapped team.”
- For the Nova's predecessor, see M3.
This Italian shotgun fires 8 rounds of 12 gauge ammunition, as with other shotguns in the game. It can be purchased by both the Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists. It has a slow rate of fire like the M3, but does slightly more damage. Furthermore, the pump of the Nova is slightly faster than the M3, thus enabling users to have a better chance of getting a kill while in combat. The Nova is the replacement for the M3 Shotgun from previous titles and, as with all the other shotguns, the Nova has a 3× kill award multiplier in Classic Competitive whilst in Classic Casual, it's $450 per kill.
|Chest & Arm||26||13|
|Each shot contains 9 pellets.|
- Cheap, compared to the most of the other shotguns
- Deadly at close range
- Instant kill if all pellets hit a target
- $900 kill reward in classic competitive
- The Nova has the lowest spread compared to the other shotguns
- Low rate of fire
- Not very useful at long ranges
- Ineffective against armored players
- Cannot penetrate surfaces
- Because of the Nova's low spread, users can easily strafe while firing at an enemies head or torso. Also, if all pellets hit a target (even with full armor), it can kill the target instantly.
- This makes the Nova ideal for maps with lots of enclosed areas or tight choke-points.
- The Nova is excellent to use while on the move if the tactic is to search and destroy in small maps.
- It may be necessary to lead the shot if the target is on the move as well.
- Moreover, this shotgun is slightly more suitable for medium-ranged combat. Try to aim at the head or chest and be sure to crouch.
- Be warned, however, the Nova inflicts the lowest damage for a shotgun, so be sure to take two shots when firing at unaware enemies.
- When playing in a competitive match, this is a good shotgun if the player won the previous pistol round. Enemies who lost the pistol round are unlikely to buy armor and will be easily dispatched by the Nova.
- Avoid close proximity with enemy users!
- More powerful shotguns should give an edge to the player in fighting off Nova users.
- Kevlar + Helmet massively reduces damage, giving the player time to return fire.
- Rifles and submachine guns is normally sufficient to counter users.
- Keep strafing; enemies with this shotgun will usually have a hard time in aiming at fast moving targets as the shotgun has a low rate of fire.
- The Nova shares its reloading animations with the Sawed-Off and shares the same pump sound from the Sawed-Off and the MAG-7.
- The pumping sounds of the Nova are reused from Left 4 Dead 2 Pump Shotgun.
- It is somewhat odd that the Benelli Nova can also be purchased by the Terrorists in Global Offensive as the shotgun is mainly used by hunters and law-enforcers.
- On the left side of the weapon, there is a print that says 'BENETTI'. This could either be a mistype for Benelli (the manufacturer of the Nova) or intentionally done to prevent copyright infringements. The print can clearly be seen by inspecting (pressing "F" in game) the Nova.
- The Nova in game is modeled after Benelli Nova Tactical, which in real life has 4 or 6 round capacity rather than 8.
- The Nova has the same price as the UMP-45 and the Sawed-Off.
- Benelli Nova at Wikipedia.