|Magazine capacity||8 / 32|
|Rate of fire||68 RPM|
|Used by|| Counter-Terrorist|
| Movement speed|
(units per second)
|220 / 250 (88%)|
|Kill Award|| $900 (Competitive)|
|Damage|| 26 (1 pellet) |
243 (1 shot)
|Recoil Control||1 / 26 (4%)|
|Accurate Range||3.2 m|
“The Nova's rock-bottom price tag makes it a great ambush weapon for a cash-strapped team.”
As the cheapest shotgun option (alongside the Sawed-Off), it has low power but is a good economic investment due to having high kill rewards. It has a slow rate of fire due to the pump-action, even slightly lower compared to the Sawed-Off and MAG-7 68 RPM vs. 71 RPM.
At extreme close range, the shotgun can kill in one shot to any body part if all pellets hit. However, the shotgun has the lowest armor penetration out of all shotguns, meaning that more shots need to land in order to instantly kill armored enemies compared to other shotguns. This reduces its effectiveness significantly against armored opponents, but it compensates somewhat with the lowest pellet spread compared to the other shotguns, allowing for more kill potential at range.
The Nova is also the only weapon in the game with zero penetration power, making this is the only firearm that cannot penetrate through walls.
The reloading process involves individually loading new shells into the weapon's loading port. It is possible to interrupt the reload and fire mid-reload by pressing the primary attack key during the reload.
As with all the other shotguns, the Nova has a 3× kill award multiplier. In Classic Competitive, one kill rewards $900, whilst in Classic Casual, it's $450 per kill.
|Chest & Arm||26||13|
|Each shot contains 9 pellets.|
- Because of the Nova's low spread, users can easily strafe while firing at an enemies head or torso. Also, if all pellets hit a target (even with full armor), it can inflict heavy damage on a target.
- This makes the Nova ideal for maps with lots of enclosed areas or tight choke-points.
- The Nova is excellent to use while on the move if the tactic is to search and destroy in small maps.
- It may be necessary to lead the shot if the target is on the move as well.
- Moreover, this shotgun is slightly more suitable for medium-ranged combat. Try to aim at the head for maximum damage.
- Be warned, however, the Nova inflicts the lowest damage for a shotgun, so be sure to take two shots when firing at unaware enemies.
- When playing in a competitive match, the Nova acts as an effective anti-eco investment. Enemies who lost the pistol round are unlikely to buy armor and will be easily dispatched.
- In late game when enemy players are all fitted with armor, Nova is a bad choice for eco rounds, because its massively reduced damage (around 50%) makes it very difficult to eliminate enemies.
Equipment Proficiency: Active Duty, Nova (306)
| Get Nova kills in Casual: Dust2 matches. |
Remaining kills : 10
The Elite Of The Elite (801)
| Guardian Co-op Challenge: Play as a Counter-Terrorist with a partner and protect the bombsite from enemies on Coast.
Score a win by getting 15 enemy kills with Nova. Max money is limited on this mission.
|Kotaro Izaki: Hello. I'm Kotaro Izaki, and this is Carmen Cocinero.
Carmen Cocinero: Hey.
Kotaro Izaki: It's my pleasure to inform you that you've been selected to join a special branch of the Coalition Taskforce.
Carmen Cocinero: Lucky you.
Kotaro Izaki: Our missions do not follow the standard rules of engagement. We work in pairs, relying on teamwork to take out overwhelming force.
Carmen Cocinero: Let's see what you got.
- The Nova shares its reloading animations with the Sawed-Off and shares the same pump sound from the Sawed-Off and the MAG-7.
- The pumping sounds of the Nova are reused from Left 4 Dead 2 Pump Shotgun.
- On the left side of the weapon, there is a print that says 'BENETTI'. This is most likely an intentional corruption of Benelli (the manufacturer of the Nova) to prevent copyright infringements.
- Although the Nova in-game has an 8-round magazine capacity, the in-game model depicts it with the standard 4-round tube magazine.
- Benelli Nova at Wikipedia.