|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
The Benelli Nova is a pump-action shotgun that appears in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. It replaced the M3 from early Counter-Strike games.
The Nova is manufactured by Benelli. It fires 12 gauge ammunition as with other shotguns in the game and it can be purchased by both the Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists. It has a slow rate of fire like the M3, but does slightly more damage. Furthermore, the pump of the Nova is faster than the M3 thus enabling users to have a better chance in combat. The Nova is the replacement for the M3 Shotgun from previous titles and, as with all the other shotguns, the Nova has a 3× kill award multiplier in Classic Competive whilst in Classic Casual it's $450 per kill.
- Cheap compared to the most of the other shotguns
- Powerful at close-range (1 shot to the head and 2 shots to the torso)
- The Nova has the lowest spread compared to the other shotguns
- Slow Pump-action
- Does not inflict high damage at far away targets
- Useless in certain areas (like the bridge area in Dust or the hallway in office when up against numerous enemies)
- The Nova shares its reloading and draw animations with the Sawed-Off, and shares the same pump sound as the Sawed-Off and MAG-7.
- The pumping sounds of the Nova are re-used from Left 4 Dead 2 Pump Shotgun.
- It is somewhat odd that the Benelli Nova can also be purchased by the Terrorists in Global Offensive as the shotgun is mainly used by hunters and in law-enforcement.