8 + 32
|Rate of fire||
|Movement speed (units per second)||
- "The Nova's rock-bottom price tag makes it a great ambush weapon for a cash-strapped team."
- ―Official description
- For the Nova's predecessor, see M3.
The Nova is manufactured by Benelli. It fires 12 gauge ammunition as with other shotguns in the game and it can be purchased by both the Counter-Terrorists and Terrorists. It has a slow rate of fire like the M3, but does slightly more damage. Furthermore, the pump of the Nova is slightly faster than the M3 thus enabling users to have a better chance in combat. The Nova is the replacement for the M3 Shotgun from previous titles and, as with all the other shotguns, the Nova has a 3× kill award multiplier in Classic Competitive whilst in Classic Casual, it's $450 per kill.
|Chest & Arm||26||13|
|Each shot contains 9 pellets.|
- Cheap, compared to the most of the other shotguns
- Powerful at close-range (1 shot to the head and 2 shots to the torso)
- $900 kill reward in classic competitive
- The Nova has the lowest spread compared to the other shotguns
- Slow pump-action
- Does not inflict high damage at far away targets
- Useless in certain areas (like the bridge area in Dust or the hallway in Office when fighting against numerous enemies)
- The Nova inflicts the lowest damage and has less pellets in the spread when compared to the Sawed-Off
- Cannot penetrate surfaces
- Because of the Nova's low spread, users can easily strafe while firing at enemies.
- Be warned, however, that the Nova inflicts the lowest damage for a shotgun so be sure to attack with two shots at unaware enemies.
- Players with high lag will often purchase this shotgun, due to the low pellet spread.
- This a good shotgun if you win the pistol round. Enemies are unlikely to buy armor and will be easily dispatched by the Nova.
- It is the same price as the UMP-45. On maps with few enclosed areas, it may be a better option to purchase a UMP-45 instead of a Nova.
- Avoid close proximity with enemy users!
- More powerful shotguns should easily give you an edge in fighting off Nova users.
- Kevlar + Helmet massively reduces damage, giving you time to return fire.
- Rifles and submachine guns is normally sufficient to counter users.
- Keep strafing; enemies with this shotgun will usually have a hard time in aiming at fast moving targets as the shotgun has a low rate of fire.
Counter-Strike: Global OffensiveEdit
| Nova Expert|
Kill 100 enemies with the Nova.
- Main article: Nova/Gallery
- The Nova shares its reloading animations with the Sawed-Off and shares the same pump sound from the Sawed-Off and the MAG-7.
- The pumping sounds of the Nova are re-used from Left 4 Dead 2 Pump Shotgun.
- It is somewhat odd that the Benelli Nova can also be purchased by the Terrorists in Global Offensive as the shotgun is mainly used by hunters and in law-enforcement.
- On the left side of the weapon, there is an engravement that says 'BENETTI'. This could either be a mistype for Benelli (the manufacturer of the Nova) or due to copyright infringements. The engravement could clearly be seen by inspecting (press the 'F' key) the Nova.
- The Nova has the same price as the UMP-45 and the Sawed-Off.
- Benelli Nova at Wikipedia