|« Operation Phoenix||Operation Vanguard »|
|Release date||July 1, 2014|
|Completion date||October 2, 2014|
|Maps||Black Gold , Castle , Insertion , Mist , Overgrown , Rush|
|Weapon Case||Operation Breakout Weapon Case|
|Weapon Collections||Baggage, Cobble, Overpass, Cache|
|Source||Operation Breakout Page|
Operation Breakout was the fourth Counter-Strike: Global Offensive operation, following Operation Phoenix. It was introduced on the July 1, 2014 update at the original price of $5.99 USD/€4,99 EURO and concluded on October 2, 2014.
Operation Breakout featured 6 new community maps, 3 exclusive weapon collections (Baggage, Cobble, and Overpass), an operation themed weapon case, the addition of operation missions and the operation journal. After the ESL One Cologne 2014 tournament, the Cache collection was also made available as a potential mission reward collection.
Unlike previous operations, the Operation Breakout Coin now tracks the player's mission completions in addition to competitive highlights on operation and active duty maps during the operation.
- Bronze: Purchase the pass
- Silver: Complete 5 missions
- Gold: Complete 15 missions
Introduced in Operation Breakout, the operation missions task the player with a goal to complete and reward the player with a random skin from one of the exclusive Operation Breakout weapon collections during the operation.
Also introduced in Operation Breakout, the operation journal contains information about the player, the player's statistics during the operation and provides the player with a quick field guide of the featured maps.
- The Counter-Terrorists featured in the title image are using a P90 Asiimov and a UMP45 Labyrinth from the Operation Breakout collection and are standing in front of the house from the featured Insertion map.
- Operation Breakout was the first operation to not be extended past the scheduled expiration date.
- July 1, 2014
- Operation Breakout added to the game
- July 2, 2014
- July 10, 2014
- Added quick link to Operation Journal on player profile.
- Added several new missions to the mission drop list.
- If you have two missions that you haven’t been able to complete for some time and you are eligible for next mission drop, you are now allowed to delete one of your current missions.
- Journal will auto-close when a competitive match is found.
- When exiting a lobby, the mission panel now enables properly.
- Fixed an overlapping mission panel in Play With Friends lobby.
- September 10, 2014
- [The operation] is on sale. [reduced from $5.99/€4,99 to $0.99/€0,75]
- October 2, 2014
- Operation Breakout ended and all missions are now expired.