The P228 is a moderately powerful semi-automatic pistol available to both teams. Despite being one of the better pistols in the Counter-Strike series, it is rarely seen during online play because of the more powerful and accurate pistols, such as the Desert Eagle.
CS and CZ damage values
|Chest & Arm||32||16|
CS:S damage values
|Chest & Arm||39||24|
The P228 is a fairly light weapon. While wielded, the player's movement speed is 250 units per second, meaning they suffer no speed reduction. The P228 is one of the many weapons able to shoot underwater.
- Fast rate of fire
- Moderate damage
- Very accurate
- Low spread
- An excellent substitute for the Desert Eagle if you do not have enough money.
- High fire rate and larger magazine make it more forgiving than the Desert Eagle if a headshot is not achieved
- Small magazine size (13 rounds) and relativity less ammo in reserve.
- High recoil
- Not a good choice for long range combat compared to Desert Eagle.
- Depending on the amount of avaliable money, buying this weapon during the pistol round would leave the player just enough money to buy a Defusal Kit, as a Counter-Terrorist, on a "de_" map.
- Although this weapon has high recoil, it can be ideal for close quarters combat. If used at medium range, its recommended that you fire one shot, wait roughly one second, and repeat.
- For long range, crouch and target the body. Targeting the head at this range is unlikely to work. Take cover when facing a sniper, and do not attempt to attack them.
- This pistol can be a good choice for players with good aim, due to its high power and accuracy.
- In the pistol round buy it along with a flashbang to perform a highly successful rush.
- It is useful if you manage to flank a small group of enemies in the pistol round, but this is not advised in later rounds.
- Spray at the head in close quarters combat.
- Fire a burst of 2 or 3 at the head in mid range combat, if the enemy isn't wearing a helmet a single headshot will kill them, if they are wearing a helmet you will see white sparks fly about, meaning they have less than 15 health left, so aim for a larger target like the chest or stomach.
- This weapon is a great alternative if you dislike the Desert Eagle's recoil and small magazine size.
- If the recoil becomes too high, it is recommended to aim at the chest or the neck of an opponent and keep firing to score a headshot.
- Many players tend to avoid wielding this pistol due to the low accuracy, fire rate, and damage compared to the USP and the Desert Eagle. However, shooting at the torso of opponents with the P228 can offer some advantages.
- Fully automatic weapons can be used to kill its users at close range.
- Sniper rifles can be used to kill users at long range.
- Higher caliber pistols such as the Desert Eagle can be used to kill its enemies armed with this pistol with ease, though it depends on how well the user can aim.
| 228 Compact Expert|
Kill 200 enemy players with the 228 Compact.
- The P228 in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes is smaller than the P228 in the other games, and has a different firing sound, beyond that, the statistics and performance of this and other versions are identical.
- It inflicts the third most damage of any pistol and the second most to an armored head.
- In-game, the P228 is chambered in .357 SIG, as opposed to .40 S&W or 9mm Luger. Technically, that makes it a SIG-Sauer P229.
- The reloading animation is identical to the USP.
- In Counter-Strike 1.6, during the reload animation, the clip can be seen just before it is ejected from the P228. This visual error has been fixed Condition Zero.
- In the older Counter-Strike games, the P228 had a gray slide. In Condition Zero and Source, this was changed into a dark/light green color.
- Main article: 228 Compact/Gallery
- P228 at Wikipedia