“CNC, This is Redtail 5! We've been hit and are going down! Redtail 5 is going down!”
- This article is about the Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes mission. For the gameplay mechanic, see Recoil.
Recoil is the first mission in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. After surviving a catastrophic helicopter crash, the player is forced to travel throughout his immediate surroundings. Along his way to the extraction point, the player fights Elite Crew members and saves a recently captured Delta Force Sniper.
In the opening cutscene, the squad Redtail 5, including the player character sits in a helicopter, flying into a hostile environment. Shortly after the pilot announces their approach to the drop point, the co-pilot spots an RPG from the east. Unable to evade, the craft is hit and crashes into a dense urban settlement.
Moments later, the player character wakes up. After searching through the vicinity, the player character acknowledges himself as the sole survivor of Redtail 5. CNC quickly accesses the situation and reports back. Nearby, Ranger Team Bravo Three is contacted and awaiting the player character's arrival. Within seconds of the crash, hostile insurgents converge upon the player character's area.
After traveling throughout the region, the player character comes across a captured Delta Force sniper. The sniper knows of the crash and recognizes the player character as a member of Redtail 5. As the two soldiers move closer to the extraction point, waves of terrorists close upon their position. Eventually, the pair stop near a tower complex. The sniper orders the player character to seek out the evacuation point. Until that time, the Delta Force member will position himself inside the tower.
While the player character reaches the friendlies one street over and clears the LZ of opposition, the sniper's location is exposed. He is held hostage by the terrorists and the player character is tasked with rescuing him. CNC alerts the couple of the dust-off's arrival. The two double back with guns blazing. Within no time, the survivors secure the rendezvous point and are extracted.
Weapons & equipment
30 / 90
12 / 72
|Icon||Weapon||Ammo||Where to Find|
|M60||At the point where the sniper is first found, no additional ammo found.|
|Desert Eagle||Found in one of the doors, not far from the sniper tower. In the room at the lower level, there is a nearby wooden door that needs to be destroyed in order to proceed. No additional ammo is found.|
|HE grenade||This grenade can be found four times during this mission|
|Smoke grenade||This grenade can be found once during this mission|
|RC bomb||A pack of five RC bombs can be found, only one is used|
|Kevlar||Two Kevlar vests can be found|
Seal Team 6
- The plot and setting appear to be inspired by the film Black Hawk Down, which was based on the events of the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu. In both cases, a Black Hawk helicopter is shot down (Super Six in Black Hawk Down and Redtail 5 in Deleted Scenes) and crashed in northern Africa.
- On the part when the player is to tasked to rescue the sniper, his voice will change to a lighter tone and will sound like a standard american civilian or hostage.
- This is the only mission in which Delta Force Sniper used unarmed civilian models.
- The file name for this mission is "cz_recoil".
- Six weapons can be seen during the introduction, none of which are available to the player: two D3/AU-1s, two Leone YG1265 Auto Shotguns, one Schmidt Scout, and one 228 Compact.
- On the world map, the mission appears to take place in central Africa rather than northern Africa.
- This is the only mission in which the US Navy Seals are wearing the desert uniforms.
- The US Navy Seals used a different model in this mission.
- If the US Navy Seal armed with the M4A1 is killed or the Delta Sniper is killed, the mission will fail. This does not apply for one operative that's located outside.
- The Condition Zero cut map Dahab is based on this mission.
- When the Delta Sniper is captured by two terrorists, shooting either of the terrorists as they capture him and escort him to a room will not cause them to react or deal any damage.