|Deleted Scenes Mission|
|Next Mission||Lost Cause|
Hostile urban environment
Blackhawk crash site, Northern Africa
|Counter-Terrorist Agency||U.S. Navy SEALs|
|Terrorist Faction(s)||Elite Crew|
|Overview||An Army Blackhawk has been shot down. Casualties are certain, however there are survivors. It is imperative that any survivors be retrieved and escorted to the evacuation point.|
|Main objectives||Locate the Delta Force operative.|
Make your way to the extraction point.
“CNC, This is retail 5! We've been hit and we're going down! Retail 5 it going down!”
- This article is about the Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes mission. For the gameplay mechanic, see Recoil.
Recoil is the first mission in Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes. After surviving a catastrophic helicopter crash, the player is forced to travel throughout his immediate surroundings. Along his way to the extraction point, the player fights Elite Crew members and saves a recently captured Delta Force Sniper.
During the opening cutscene, the player is revealed to be flying inside of a hostile environment for unexplained reasons. Seemingly quiet, the player and the rest of the crew approach the drop point. Shortly after the pilot announces their arrival, the co-pilot spots an RPG from the east. Unable to evade, the craft receives a severe blow.
Moments later, the helicopter crashes inside of the dense urban settlement. After searching through the vicinity, the player acknowledges himself as the sole survivor of Redtail 5. CNC quickly accesses the situation and reports back. Nearby, Ranger Team Bravo Three is contacted and awaiting the player's arrival. Within seconds of the crash, hostile insurgents converge upon the player's area.
After traveling throughout the region, the player comes across a captured Delta Force sniper. Somehow, the sniper knows of the crash and recognizes the player as a member of Redtail 5. As the two soldiers move closer to the extraction point, waves of terrorists close upon their position. Eventually, the pair stop near a tower complex. The sniper orders the player to seek out the evacuation point. Until that time, the Delta Force member will position himself inside the tower.
While the player reaches the friendlies one street over and clears the LZ of opposition, the sniper's location is discovered by the terrorists. The fundamentalists quickly take the man and hold him hostage. Once again, the player is tasked with rescuing him from Elite Crew members. CNC alerts the couple of the dust-off's arrival. The two double back with guns blazing. Within no time, the survivors secure the rendezvous point and are extracted.
The player must rescue the Delta Force Sniper civilian before any action can take place. Like Counter-Terrorist Training, being killed will end the mission in failure when the soundtrack will not be played.
Weapons & equipmentEdit
30 / 90
12 / 72
|Icon||Weapon||Ammo||Where to Find|
|M60||At the point where the sniper is first found, no additional ammo found.|
|Desert Eagle||Found in one of the doors, not far from the sniper tower. In the room at the lower level, there is a nearby wooden door that needs to be destroyed in order to proceed. No additional ammo is found.|
|HE grenade||This grenade can be found four times during this mission|
|Smoke grenade||This grenade can be found once during this mission|
|RC bomb||Five can be found, only one is used|
|Kevlar||Two Kevlar vests can be foun|
AI Player Edit
Seal Team 6
- The plot and setting appear to be inspired by the film Black Hawk Down, which was based on the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu.
- In both cases, a black hawk is shot down, ( Super six one in Black Hawk Down and Redtail 5 in Deleted scenes.) The crash site is located somewhere in northern africa ( and in black hawk down the helicopter crashes in operation in Somalia, which is also located in africa.
- Three individual maps are used to create this mission.
- On the part when the player is to tasked to rescue the sniper, his voice will change to a lighter tone and will sound like a standard american civilian or hostage.
- This is the only mission in which Delta Force Sniper used unarmed civilian models.
- The file name for this mission is "cz_recoil".
- Six weapons can be seen during the introduction, none of which are available to the player: two D3/AU-1s, two Leone YG1265 Auto Shotguns, one Schmidt Scout, and one 228 Compact.
- On the world map, the mission appears to take place in central Africa rather than northern Africa.
- This is the only mission in which the US Navy Seals are wearing the desert uniforms.
- If the US Navy Seal armed with the M4A1 is killed, the mission will fail. However, the soundtrack will not be used during the end of mission, the sniper was captured by an enemy until the player finishes rescuing the civilian.
- The US Navy Seal member with M60 will dies at the end of the mission, it will not automatically fail, as the player still has time to meet the another one. Due to this game over message still states as Delta sniper is not rescued if US Navy Seal armed with the M4A1 is killed or Civilian is killed.